Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Studio Press Pro Plus package

Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone who has been considering purchasing WordPress themes from Studio Press

Got an email from them yesterday stating that they're changing their "Pro Plus" package over to a subscription model from April 1st. This is the package where you get the Genesis framework + every theme they've ever released + some third party ones, updates, new releases etc...Until now it has been available for a one time payment (currently $499 or $375 if you're a returning customer)

Always thought it was a bit of a flawed business model (though happy to have taken advantage of it a few years ago now!)

Anyway they are grandfathering lifetime rights to anyone who buys this package by 31st March so now's the time if it's something you've been thinking of...

http://my.studiopress.com/pro-plus-offer/

Bought the lifetime membership from them a long time ago, when they were revolution themes before they merged with copyblogger and became studiopress.

Used genesis on and off since then. Has a lot of devotees and the base framework html/css is good, but the structure of the hooks makes it a pain to do anything other than traditional magazine/blog layouts with top to bottom layers.

Much prefer the woocommerce theme model thesedays of a set of wp hierarchy templates that can be overridden in the theme.

Still agree with the thought on the business model. Have had nowt from me since I bought it for ~£70 years ago. Doesn't help when the stuff is gpl and freely available with a quick search.

S

Just a heads up to anyone who has been considering purchasing WordPress themes from Studio Press

Got an email from them yesterday stating that they're changing their "Pro Plus" package over to a subscription model from April 1st. This is the package where you get the Genesis framework + every theme they've ever released + some third party ones, updates, new releases etc...Until now it has been available for a one time payment (currently $499 or $375 if you're a returning customer)

Always thought it was a bit of a flawed business model (though happy to have taken advantage of it a few years ago now!)

Anyway they are grandfathering lifetime rights to anyone who buys this package by 31st March so now's the time if it's something you've been thinking of...

http://my.studiopress.com/pro-plus-offer/

I signed up when it was about $250 for lifetime membership; it was probably the best money I've ever spent. I had no idea the price had gone up so much since though.

They seem to have got their sh*t together over the last few months. Site redesign, regular theme releases.

They seemed to go through a 'midlife crisis' 2014/15, or at least their progenitor Brian Gardner did. Hardly any themes/updates and he seemed to have wandered off doing his melodramatic wordsworth lonely as a cloud crap.

Hopefully business on track now. Latest themes have jogged my interest a bit more.

S

They seem to have got their sh*t together over the last few months. Site redesign, regular theme releases.

They seemed to go through a 'midlife crisis' 2014/15, or at least their progenitor Brian Gardner did. Hardly any themes/updates and he seemed to have wandered off doing his melodramatic wordsworth lonely as a cloud crap.

Hopefully business on track now. Latest themes have jogged my interest a bit more.

S

Agreed yes! Some of the new ones are pretty good....doing a site with Modern Studio Pro for a friend's dog walking business at the moment. Have tried some other frameworks recently (Tesla & Themify) but find I get less issues (conflicts with plugins etc) from Studio Press

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom