Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Thailand

Yes, that's right. In fact, the airline you booked with would be the refusal point, not your destination airport. This is all very much breaking news at this point, but opening Thailand to China would appear to be the problem.

You can keep up-to-date here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1282844-...vid-entry-requirements-effective-january-9th/

Just been onto the hotel we booked and amazingly they have offered a full refund. That's a very nice gesture as it isn't their fault. On to BA when it opens at 06:00 UK time, hopefully they will do something similar.

I feel for the tourist venues in Thailand, this makes no sense and is going to cost them a lot of money.

China is one of the most vaccinated places on earth, they had the biggest and longest locks downs of anywhere. If neither of those two solutions have worked, why on earth would you follow their lead? Anyway, that's a whole other argument.

That's brilliant that you were able to get a refund from the hotel. That's almost unheard of here! Best of luck with BA who will probably do their best to knock you back. There is only ONE airline to use IMHO for UK<>TH travel, and that's EVA. Anyway, that's useless info for you at this point.

The problem is that information dissemination is so piss-poor here. Take a look at this and the date of the article:

https://thediplomat.com/2023/01/thailand-says-covid-19-tests-not-needed-from-chinese-tourists/

People are shitting bricks TBH.

We had a voucher from BA that we had to spend by the September this year, kind of tied to BA for this one. But yes I will check those next time thanks. I did see BA cancelled the Bangkok route in September 2022. I think the Ukraine / Russia air space thing made it a touch harder to make a profit, especially when other airlines such as EVA can still use Russian airspace and cut a big chunk of the fuel bill out of the fare. Our route was going to be into Singapore and Over to Koh Samui.

From what I did see when we were looking at the Island, it does look amazing, maybe one for the future.

I hope that your alternative works out when the time comes. Malaysia is fabulous if you can ever make it. Specifically Penang.

I'm afraid TIT (This Is Thailand). Policies change in a heartbeat. My son is on EVA BR68 tonight (LHR>BKK). Swampy (BKK) is currently swathed in Chinese arrivals.

If you'd arrived here without certs and by some chance you tested positive, you'd be like pelicans - facing huge bills.

Stay away - just as you are. The best way really is a train from Malaysia - far less administrative hassle. Maybe later!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom