Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The ones that got away

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by doodlebug, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Don't you just hate it when you look back at a while ago and think damn I should have regged that domian and it now cuts you up knowing that somebody else as it and wants £xxxx for it, so no chance of grabbing it now.

Here's some I didn't bother to reg and could have done >

Americanstylefridge;com UK exacts 2400
    Integratedfreezer;com UK exacts 6600
    Integratedfridgefreezer;com UK exacts 14,800
    Adjustablespanners;co;uk UK exacts 6600

I feel better though knowing that this resulted in searching for replacements and me fiinding more domains and some with nice UK exacts ;)

What good ones have you missed out on ?

2. johnnyboy Moldova, Republic of

johnnyboy Active Member

Yeah, a few but the one I most regret not regging is 'FourofaKind.co.uk' - a brilliant brandable Poker domain, especially with it becoming ever more popular. I found it was free to reg around the end of 2009 but because I registered so many crap domains before that which I thought were decent, I didn't bother regging it and added it to my list of domains free to reg. A few weeks ago, I had a look over the domains and saw the domain again and thought I'd reg it this time round but found it been taken earlier this year.

3. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

You should have seen the lists of "availables" I had in .com back in 1997/1998. Found one the other day and it was a struggle finding the "delete" button through the tears ;)

I used to even post lists on my Internet Goldrush site back in the early days - I should have registered every single one instead!

And don't even get me started on "used to own but dropped them" domains!

4. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a post a while ago, where I think it was Pugyrob posted he sold a poker name for £99, then a month later it sold for 100x that ?

I seem to recall Edwin posted on that thread and I remember thinking, I'd have already topped myself :p

From each drop list and each list I make, I keep a 'select' list, and a 'buy list'. The Select List are all names that I quite like, have good sound, look nice, good exacts, high ppc, lots of ads, good aff etc. Usually about 20 per drop list and 30 per self-made list per day, when I rescan the list at the end of each month, I ALWAYS kick myself :(

5. johnnyboy Moldova, Republic of

johnnyboy Active Member

I wouldn't mind hearing what domains you owned but dropped...

6. Lucky Luke United Kingdom

Lucky Luke Active Member

Don't do it Edwin - look forwards not backwards!

7. Takwa United Kingdom

Takwa Well-Known Member

It's all part of life, if it was meant to be yours then you would have reg/kept it. Destiny...

8. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

I can imagine some of the ones Edwin had on his list.

Skinner, if I had a top quality domian on my list and didn't get it I would be jumping off a bridge :(

we need a globe that tells us the future ;) ( we can only speculate )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.