Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_co_uk TheBible.co.uk (domain and website) - Please make offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am selling my website TheBible.co.uk.

It is currently listed on Flippa, but I am open to offers.

This is the text from the Flippa listing and it is meant for a wider audience, so please forgive me if it any of it sounds too condescending.

Listing description:

Seller's Notes
First of all, this is an opportunity for everyone from any part of the world. Just because this is a .co.uk website, it does not mean only British people can own and run this website. The website content is a global topic with over 2 billion potential readers (Christians). Therefore, please keep this in mind.

The website

This is a real passive income website with potential to become a real gold mine in the right hands.

There aren't many actual passive income websites around, but this is definitely one of them.

It requires a few hours of maintenance a year and costs are only hosting costs of about £14.99/year.

Stats from Google Analytics for the last 30 days (18/07/14 - 17/08/14):

Sessions:932 - Users: 573 - Pageviews: 3,834 - Pages/Session: 4.11 - Avg. Session - Duration: 00:05:31 - Bounce Rate: 39.81% - % New Sessions: 58.26%

Revenue is averaging £10 a month with May 2014 paying £61.50, which is very good based on the above traffic stats.

August 2014 is on £10, but I did change all the affiliate banners to test out some other ones.

The domain name was registered in 1998 (never dropped) and is registered till 2017.

The website doesn't require any updating or maintaining.

The problem for me, but maybe not for you...

The website isn't doing very well in search engines.

I have never outsourced any SEO work and have not done any SEO work myself - Blackhat SEO has never been done.

If someone can do some real good link building for this site and get it up higher in the rankings, then the website would definitely start earning good money.

I don't do SEO or link building because I don't know how to.

Why am I selling?

The only way forward I see for the website is to do SEO and get higher rankings for more traffic. I can't do SEO, so I'd like to sell and use the money on other things.

Also, I have a full-time job and my websites are a part-time hobby.

CMS

Standard HTML website using a Dreamweaver template

The value

The domain name itself is worth good money - about £4000/$6000.

An established domain name and website.

Everything is setup and ready to go.

The topic of the website by its very nature does not change and will not change in the future and hence the website doesn't need to be maintained or updated, unless you decide to add a blog.

Seriously, it only needs a push on search engine rankings to get traffic flowing.

After that, you will have an actual real passive income website that will sit an earn money on auto-pilot.

Current income

Current income is negligible. The website was only monetised recently. Traffic is very low, but SEO work has never been done. I made £61.50 May 2014.

Income potential

I estimate with some good SEO work, traffic can be ramped up to 20,000 uniques a month and this is a realistic projection based on what first page competitors are receiving.

The CTR on affiliate programmes averages about 4% a month.

So with 20,000 UVs per month (realistically achievable), the website would deliver about 800 affiliate clicks.

The average conversion rate is about 5% and it's this high because of the targeted audience and affiliate programmes. For example, Christian visitors and Christian charity affiliate programmes make a good match.

Therefore, after boosting traffic, affiliate earnings of £800 a month are realistically achievable.

That's £9,600 (about $15,000) a year for doing pretty much nothing apart from some SEO work at the beginning and may be some occasional blog posting, which could, of course, be outsourced.

Please note: £9,600 is the average I calculate it can make.

Highest projection: £14,000 per year or more who knows.

Lowest projection (after good SEO work): £6,000 per year.

These are realistic and viable projections.

Some possible future additions for the website:

Add a blog and post great content
Do link building
Add a directory for Churches, Christian businesses, People, Websites etc.
This is an established and 'aged' domain name and website, so building on it should be easier than starting from scratch.

The website structure and content has barely been touched in the last four years, so it is ripe for developing and flipping or increasing income.

Who is this for?

The perfect owner would be a devout Christian who loves webmastering
Webmasters from all over the world
Beginners looking to make an initial investment to enter the webmastering world
Experienced webmasters looking to increase their portfolios
Churches
Christian organisations
Flippers, of course :)
--------------------------------------------------------

The website can be easily be flipped for a good profit in the right hands. Someone who knows their way around Google could profit nicely from this site.

This is a genuine flipping and passive income opportunity. The website is ready - it just needs some SEO and you can flip for profit or sit on a passive income website.

You are very unlikely to become a millionaire from this website and you will also find it difficult to live off just this website.

However, this website along with a couple of others of similar calibre could give you long term passive income enough to live off without working for somebody else.

This is not a get rich quick opportunity, but rather a get wealthy gradually without doing too much work opportunity.

This will be a great addition to any portfolio.

Also, this is a good opportunity for beginners to start off with.

Passive income websites are not a myth, they do exist, but they are very rare. They are usually very old websites setup by webmasters in the 90s and early 2000s.

I will provide support every step of the way.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks for looking and good luck!

Please let me know your thoughts. I'm also still learning, so any advice would be great! Thanks.

I estimate with some good SEO work, traffic can be ramped up to 20,000 uniques a month and this is a realistic projection based on what first page competitors are receiving.

The CTR on affiliate programmes averages about 4% a month.

So with 20,000 UVs per month (realistically achievable), the website would deliver about 800 affiliate clicks.

The average conversion rate is about 5% and it's this high because of the targeted audience and affiliate programmes. For example, Christian visitors and Christian charity affiliate programmes make a good match.

Therefore, after boosting traffic, affiliate earnings of £800 a month are realistically achievable.

That's £9,600 (about $15,000) a year for doing pretty much nothing apart from some SEO work at the beginning and may be some occasional blog posting, which could, of course, be outsourced.

Please note: £9,600 is the average I calculate it can make.

Highest projection: £14,000 per year or more who knows.

Lowest projection (after good SEO work): £6,000 per year.

You seem to be just plucking numbers from thin air to justify a higher asking price...

As a reasonably experienced affiliate I can tell you you're wasting your time with this angle. Either come up with some legitimate numbers, or go sell this as a domain only if you think its worth thousands on its own... you can't just pick random numbers to suit your asking price as it varies wildly by niche, demographics etc.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I've never sold a website before, so I'm just trying what I thought was right.

I've been making on average £15 a month and made £60 in one month. The numbers are based on these revenue figures and current traffic stats. I know it's not very accurate, but I was trying to give an idea as to what sort of revenue a higher traffic flow would generate.

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

An offer from Lazarus for the bible!

Classic, you couldn't make this shit up!

:)

Has Jesus ever been in contact with you regarding all the content you copy and pasted from his biography?

You should really offer 7x

833.gif

abwha1.gif

Monkey said:
Must be. I don't really read fiction. And I limit my exposure to religion to getting a schlong pushed up my arse by the priest at sunday school

Ooh, aren't you clever. Fiction it may be, but it's interesting stuff. Christianity has largely shaped the modern world, certainly western society. Surprised you didn't pick any up when you were a cheeky wee monkey

Not in my common catholic tongue but "Allahu Akbar" . One god baby.

Just out of interest

Did you buy the domain for £5,600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom