Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Think perhaps we're getting stitched up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of a couple of people who are permanently ditching their cars...I don't have a car because luckily everything I could ever need (except an airport) is within a two mile radius at the moment.

The taxes on petrol are crazy, and then there's all the other costs of insurance etc. which just put me off completely. The council here is apparently introducing a charge so that if you drive to work, you have to pay for a parking space (or your employer has to pay for your parking space) - think it's about £400ish a year - regardless of whether your workplace is private or not. Sounds mental to me.

The taxes on petrol are crazy, and then there's all the other costs of insurance etc. which just put me off completely. The council here is apparently introducing a charge so that if you drive to work, you have to pay for a parking space (or your employer has to pay for your parking space) - think it's about £400ish a year - regardless of whether your workplace is private or not. Sounds mental to me.

That's crazy!

Born free - taxed to death...and beyond.

Stitched up for sure. The Japanese have actually come up with a water-powered car. Even if you ran out of water you could even pee into the tank and it will go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrxfMz2eDME

But don't expect to see these cars become commonplace. The establishment will close ranks and prevent it by hook or by crook. They will only let you have a car that runs on petrol, diesel, electricity, hydrogen - anything that you need THEM for, so that you can never be self-sufficient, because the minute people can become self-sufficient, the minute the oligarchy will crumble.

The choice of fuel used in cars is not restricted by lack of technology. The choice of fuel is imposed by the super-rich elites who control the oil companies and banks so that the multitudes are forced to rely on THEIR fuel available only from THEM at THEIR prices, thereby keeping THEM at the top of the pyramid.

i cannot believe they can make a water powered car....wow !!! and yes you are correct ,the government would collapse without there revenue from fleecing the motorist....sad but true

Now we're spending nearly £100 a week on fuel between me and wifey, and I work from home! See what we could be saving;

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/The-cheapest-petrol-world-yahoofinanceuk-978605645.html

Anyone fancy chipping in to bring a tanker over from the Middle East?

If you are spending that amount of money on fuel you should seriously look into getting a Nissan LEAF or equivalent electric car for local journeys. (Longer journeys will be possible as the charging infrastructure develops)

Then invest in a solar panel on your roof and you will be paid a feed in tarrif for 20 years (generally cost of solar panels is recouped in about 6 of those years) and your fuel cost will drop dramatically.

There are options out there if you really want to avoid paying the extortionate fuel tax. ;)

Water powered cars :)

So where does the energy come from to convert the water into Hydrogen?

Stitched up for sure. The Japanese have actually come up with a water-powered car. Even if you ran out of water you could even pee into the tank and it will go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrxfMz2eDME

But don't expect to see these cars become commonplace. The establishment will close ranks and prevent it by hook or by crook. They will only let you have a car that runs on petrol, diesel, electricity, hydrogen - anything that you need THEM for, so that you can never be self-sufficient, because the minute people can become self-sufficient, the minute the oligarchy will crumble.

The choice of fuel used in cars is not restricted by lack of technology. The choice of fuel is imposed by the super-rich elites who control the oil companies and banks so that the multitudes are forced to rely on THEIR fuel available only from THEM at THEIR prices, thereby keeping THEM at the top of the pyramid.

Yeah, I heard about something similar a while back, can't remember what the car was powered by (wasn't water though). Apparently they gave out some prototypes for some pretty influential people to try and the oil companies found out and went mad, so they were made to go out and buy the cars back. Apparently some people refused to give them up and they just broke in and stole them.

Water powered cars :)

So where does the energy come from to convert the water into Hydrogen?

Exactly. The hydrogen model is very inefficient as energy is required to produce it and then there is the matter of storage and distribution.

So you:

Create electricity -> Extract hydrogen -> Pump it -> store it -> use it in a fuel cell to create electricity or burn it to power your vehicles.

A much simpler model is to use renewable energy from wind, hydro and solar and put that into the grid where it can be tapped into by electric cars anywhere you are able to plug in.

If you are spending that amount of money on fuel you should seriously look into getting a Nissan LEAF or equivalent electric car for local journeys. (Longer journeys will be possible as the charging infrastructure develops)

Then invest in a solar panel on your roof and you will be paid a feed in tarrif for 20 years (generally cost of solar panels is recouped in about 6 of those years) and your fuel cost will drop dramatically.

There are options out there if you really want to avoid paying the extortionate fuel tax. ;)

Not much point really. As soon as they get commonplace and a lot of people start using them rather than petrol cars, do you think the government is either going to just lose all that revenue, or stick it on electric cars somehow :)

When I visited Iraq it was pennies but was controlled by stamps that you could only get on the black market.

In 2009 out daily barrell consumption was 1,611,000 barrels per day*.

There's 158 litres in a barrell of oil according to Google.

In 2007 at £1 per litre the taxation was 63.25p per litre***.

158 litres per barrel x 1611000 barrells per day = 254538000 litres of oil we consume per day.

Multiply it by .6325 and the total tax per day is: £160,995,285

...and the government claims it is skint.

Sources:

* http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/data...cs-consumption-reserves-energy#zoomed-picture

*** http://www.whatprice.co.uk/petrol-prices/cost-litre-breakdown.html

Not much point really. As soon as they get commonplace and a lot of people start using them rather than petrol cars, do you think the government is either going to just lose all that revenue, or stick it on electric cars somehow :)

True but there is a window of opportunity before that happens.

True but there is a window of opportunity before that happens.

Exactly, what happened to diesel when people started to save money by using it in their cars, bang it's now 3p dearer per litre despite being cheaper to produce.

BTW don't get me started on the global warming tax / scams. We are sat on 400 years of coal reserves whilst pensioners freeze to death because they can't afford to import gas.

Multiply it by .6325 and the total tax per day is: £160,995,285

...and the government claims it is skint.
That total, over a year, equals £58,763,279,025... which is barely enough to cover the amount of interest we are currently paying (~£46 billion). The total deficit is still going to be ~£170 billion. Once you are into these kind of numbers, £60 billion from fuel taxes barely even scratches the surface.

i cannot believe they can make a water powered car....wow !!! and yes you are correct ,the government would collapse without there revenue from fleecing the motorist....sad but true

Nope... We will have tax on ... water ;)

Honest, few days ago I decided to put some petrol and it was pretty late so the station was only accepting cash. I found something like 15 quid in my pocket. So what? 10 liters? Hmmm... I am not impressed.

GGGRRRR!! makes me sick I do at leat £100 a week in diesel for the van and petrol for the car :mad:

I felt pretty unfortunate to have to ride to work this year but to be honest it hasn't been too bad and I've figured out how much I was spending on the priviledge of driving the 1 mile to work a day...

That total, over a year, equals £58,763,279,025... which is barely enough to cover the amount of interest we are currently paying (~£46 billion). The total deficit is still going to be ~£170 billion. Once you are into these kind of numbers, £60 billion from fuel taxes barely even scratches the surface.

Don't get me started on the deficit, the government is run worse than a charity!

Don't get me started on the deficit, the government is run worse than a charity!

They run their parties worse than they run the country as well, all of the top three parties if run as a company would be declared bankrupt years ago.

Have you noticed how the price at the pump is very sticky. I.e. the actual cost of oil has fallen away but we still seem to be paying the price when oil was rocketing in price. Now prices are back at $80 a barrel - are we paying less? No.

I cannot believe that the UK consumer is standing for the theft that is happening right now. I've been a strong proponent of the free market, but we live in mixed market where it is free when it suits our "owners" and mixed when we are expect to pay. I cannot believe people put up with lives here in the UK - I know I do, but not for much longer...

It costs so much for a household - we are cramming many people into one house and buy to let landlords compete with first-time buyers for the same property. Its crazy to think we are allowing a whole generated to be ripped off by the same people who where given every benefit to get established.

The only way to survive is to become extremely selfish and screw everyone and everything possible. That's the way to live for many - the only way and the older generation should watch out, because the youth wont forget and will switch off their life support.

As for the Water powered car - I love those youtube videos there are some real cranks. I really cant find out if there is anything missing as to whether this could work. The energy comes from somewhere to split the water - electrolysis - so a battery is employed and its just a question of whether this battery can be replenished by the hydrogen generated when combusted.

I'm open minded because their could be some clever chemistry involved - using up these materials so the energy balance sheet remains sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom