Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

This is NOT good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think building nuclear reactors is complete madness.

I think it is triple madness to let a country that drill every month for earthquakes, build 55 of them! In all honesty, what is that about?

Yes, I know as with all things it comes down to money but what a legacy to leave future generations.

Only another 19,980 years to go before they can safely build another one at Chernobyl.

The Irish government distributed potassium iodide tablets to every household 7 years ago. This is not because they have any reactors, this is in case of an "incident" here in the UK and the wind is blowing West.

What do we do? We stockpile. :lol: (Unless you live within a mile radius of a plant. If you do and request them they will give you them. )

Let's look at this a little closer. You live 3 miles away and there is an meltdown and major escape. 30 mile an hour winds will have that little cloud round you in 6 mins. But don't panic. Its all ok, your government has it under control. They will announce on the radio and tv and they will tell you where your nearest stockpiled station is. It is kept secret for now because of fear of mass panic.

Why do we not just take Irelands lead and distribute them to every household now? Maybe its because it would then be percieved that nuclear is not as safe as they want us to think. Who knows, but hats off to the Irish government for taking the initiative in proactive safety for their population.

Please, don't tell me they are as safe as houses, it's a safe industry etc. We are looking at 3 that are going tits up as I write. They are all ticking timebombs. The french have had anti aircraft missiles stationed on the rooftops of all theirs for years.

What are we doing with all the waste at present? Are we still digging shafts to store the most toxic sludge on the planet?

Here's a thought. What if, on 9/11 they really took the initiative and slammed 2 jumbos into the same nuclear power plant?

I read we had (in the UK) enough coal reserves for 300 years. Why not go back to this and put some people back in employment?

We have the ability to trap carbon now. I think I would rather be storing carbon than nuclear waste with a 20000yr expiry date.

the end

Try getting a nuclear power station built now in any western country......watch the people standing infront of bulldozers and the red tape.

So no more oil or nuclear....what next?

Doug

What Next

What next well it would be nice if all those inventions and patents that

the nastry greedy ROTHSCHILD`S AND ROCKEFELLER`S bought

be brought out to play but they wont

its seems that the oil guys again have a great opportunity to raise prices again when is enough is enough

2yrs ago 85p a litre now 145p now that is what you call market manipulation

read up on H.A.A.R..P developed by our very own British aerospace :(

read www.haarp.net here but scroll down to find the interesting stuff

Worrying times. Nuclear power is very useful but as we can see has obvious dangers. The oil companies have done their best to stifle innovation elsewhere. Not many options really.

Worrying times. Nuclear power is very useful but as we can see has obvious dangers. The oil companies have done their best to stifle innovation elsewhere. Not many options really.

The problem is: the technology itself was developed in 50s and the core structure never changed after. Unfortunately attempts to automate and computerize control system made operations cheaper and faster but dependence on the automated systems is to high. This is the main weak point! Power cuts, natural disasters, etc. and the system goes belly-up. In the first generation of reactors (btw, they were much more "dirty"), manual override was ways easier and cadmium rods could have been 'dropped' into the reactor by the operator simply turning the lever - rods down = reaction stops (well, in theory). Now it is much more complex.

If you are interested, you can read more about the technology on the WNA site, e.g. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom