Domain Manage

Time out when running script

Discussion in 'Scripts and Coding' started by Betty Boop, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Member

Hi,

I have been working on some php coursework and I had it doing exactly what I wanted it to do for the moment. Then, I went to run the script like I had been and I get the error:

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.deanclatworthy.com/imdb/?q=mamma+mia) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP5.3.0\www\New Folder\trial.php on line 24

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP5.3.0\www\New Folder\trial.php on line 24

So, I looked into it and I found that if I changed the max_execution_time to a longer time it shouldn't do this. I changed the max_execution_time = 120 in the php.ini file and it still comes up with the error stating 60 seconds when I have changed it to 120. I am using Easyphp as my server, it uses Apache so I restarted Apache once I had made changes and this does not make any difference.

Does anyone know why this error would suddenly happen and how to solve it?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. dlone United Kingdom

dlone Active Member

I'd check that you're changing the right php.ini file (if there's more than one on the machine), you can check any changes you make using php_info(). might also be worth changing max_input_time, i think there was a bug in an old version that displayed a max execution time error when in fact it was a max input time error. worth a shot...

4. rob

rob Founding Member

Could be blocking specific idents to stop people nicking content?

5. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Member

Thanks,

I have just changed the input_time and it works but the url was playing up earlier to what I was extracting from and so I don't know what it was but, thanks for telling me about the bug with max_execution_time.

6. StudioVision United Kingdom

StudioVision Active Member

It looks like you're using localhost through EasyPHP yes? If so, anytime you change anything in php.ini, simply restart Apache :)

That's probably why the error was still showing 60 seconds.

Hope this helps!

Craig

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed the date of the last post :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.