Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

TLD's & Their Price Vs Each Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Whats the comparison for a domains worth between

com vs .co.uk vs .org.uk

Take for instance something like the domain name "dogging" 100k+ exact local uk searches and 200k+ global

What would the kind of price differences be between the tld's for that?.

Thanks

Org.uk for term like that xx if you could find a buyer at all … price comparison between com and co.uk are so hit and miss there just too many variables to make accurate ones…

Org.uk for term like that xx if you could find a buyer at all … price comparison between com and co.uk are so hit and miss there just too many variables to make accurate ones…

Ah I see, I noticed a domain name similar to that dropping in the near future (org.uk version), wondered why it wasn't backoreded anywhere since it has such a large amount of exact searches..

I guess if it's only worth xx now I know, thanks.

There's actually some statistical evidence worth knowing about if you're comparing pairs of TLDs.

IDNX.com/#tld

What rule did I break? I'm new here.

Also, why would you try to get me banned when I am providing you helpful information directly related to a question you asked? Doesn't seem very hospitable, DarrenH ...

Spamming imo.

Bumping posts for no reason, adding nothing of value.. posting just to post.

Spamming? You're an idiot, sir. You asked about comparing the value of domains based on different TLDs. So I gave you a link to a chart that records the average proportion in realized sales between various pairs of TLDs.

It isn't my site. And it precisely answers your question.

What a jerk!

From my and found experience org.uk's are hard sells, near impossible to companies or large professionals. They also assume rarities in normal search results. However, they do seem to sell a lot more now then the used to - not that I think this will amount to anything, especially with the new TLD's coming up which could significantly effect uses of the 'older' variants. (although these are more location|company geered, such as .wales or .amazon.

.co.uk and .com are very hard to place like namealot said. Generally I'd value .co.uk's as being about the same on a search scale - if not a bit less, due to the later introduction, but only for the UK. .co.uk's in general will seem cheaper because the UK tends to have less native searchs then US for obvious populations reasons.

.com's are great as they can enter both markets.

Cars.co.uk might be purchased for 1 million if it had 50,000 Monthly Unique UK searchs (find this out by setting local on google keyword tool), but the dotcom for 10 million if the US searchs added another 300,000. Then you have other countries using english which the .com can access easier. Figures are not actual.

In your example if we place relative sums, the .co.uk might be 100, whereas the dotcom 400 relative to the .co.uk's 100. A .org.uk might be up to 30. (but only really expect this is the name is generic or of non-company value).

Also, the issue of .org.uk's is debated. I personally see little in them but a lot of domain traders do - so their are buyers out there.

I'm not a expect in .org.uk's so take that with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom