Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

To park on own landing page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
Would like peoples thoughts on what to do with unused domains. Setup own landing page or park on somewhere like sedo etc. If you park can you list who you park with then i can see options.

thanks in advance.

Have my own db generated landing page. Tracks visitors, has my adsense & affiliate widgets.

Based on google custom search with suggested searched based on the category.
Ajax contact form.
sale/guide price

e.g. sportsconnection

Makes more than parking at sedo/ND? Yes.

Have my own db generated landing page. Tracks visitors, has my adsense & affiliate widgets.

Based on google custom search with suggested searched based on the category.
Ajax contact form.
sale/guide price

e.g. sportsconnection

Makes more than parking at sedo/ND? Yes.

That's a nice set-up :D did you self build or outsource?, if the latter roughly what £ range did it cost? (if you don't mind me asking)

To OP. I use SEDO but looking for alternatives :)

Self built. MySQL db with a few tables. PHP. Trickiest thing was the apache. Essentially parking the domains on top of one domain and then having a single folder with the php/db stuff in. Filters the output by domain/category.

Once I've finished the domainstudio plugin I may add the functionality as a module.

Self built. MySQL db with a few tables. PHP. Trickiest thing was the apache. Essentially parking the domains on top of one domain and then having a single folder with the php/db stuff in. Filters the output by domain/category.

Once I've finished the domainstudio plugin I may add the functionality as a module.

Really well done mate, Looks good. Might have to take a few ideas from that for the future!

One thing I notice from a lot of these home made lander pages is a lack of Privacy Policies. This is a requirement of Google Adsense and I think not having one could risk all your domains associated with your Adsense being dumped from the Google Index.

Stephen.

Great work dude, congratulations. Makes me want to do the same things with mine now as so many idle domains (that were parked with Google until they shut that down)

Admin

Isn't this an issue, from Google's Adsense T&C:

3.2 AdSense for Search. If You choose to receive Search Results as part of the Programme, You shall display on Your Property(ies) a Google search box (a "Search Box") in accordance with the specifications provided by Google. All search queries (including queries entered into an Ad search box) sent by You to Google must originate from individual human end users inputting data directly into a Search Box (or Ad search box, as applicable) on Your Property(ies). You will send any and all queries (without editing, filtering, truncating, appending terms to or otherwise modifying such queries individually or in the aggregate) to Google.

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

Interesting points.

One thing I notice from a lot of these home made lander pages is a lack of Privacy Policies. This is a requirement of Google Adsense and I think not having one could risk all your domains associated with your Adsense being dumped from the Google Index.

Did have one somewhere. Think it got lost in an update. I'll add it back.

Isn't this an issue, from Google's Adsense T&C:

Quote:
3.2 AdSense for Search. If You choose to receive Search Results as part of the Programme, You shall display on Your Property(ies) a Google search box (a "Search Box") in accordance with the specifications provided by Google. All search queries (including queries entered into an Ad search box) sent by You to Google must originate from individual human end users inputting data directly into a Search Box (or Ad search box, as applicable) on Your Property(ies). You will send any and all queries (without editing, filtering, truncating, appending terms to or otherwise modifying such queries individually or in the aggregate) to Google.

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

I'm not convinced I'm breaking those. The search box is as it is from the adsense source, nothing is changed except for the increased box sizing & letter colouring which is allowed. The google icon is the primary requirement. The search results are shown as required by google by inserting into a preselected div on the search page without any modification.

The 'suggested searches' is essentially no different to the way google work except I'm providing search phrases instead of autosearch. The phrases aren't href links so can't be indexed as such or triggered by bots. They're inputted into the search box via jQuery on the user actively selecting the phrase i.e. human input. The only grey area I see is that it auto triggers the search selection after filling the box. It originally just filled the box and then the user clicked the search. Maybe I was being a bit too clever there. I'll probable change it back to doing that and putting the focus on the search button instead. It would allow for editing of the phrase.

without editing, filtering, truncating, appending terms to or otherwise modifying such queries individually or in the aggregate
These refer afaik to post triggering of the search to google, not for the actual filling of the search box pre search. I only provide category based search selections. The 'human' choses whether to use them or search on their own, which a large proportion of searches has shown they do anyway. Some weird searches as well I may add!

Any other suggestions?

I've got a few ideas for enhancements to this. Just not had time/incination to do them. E.g. category templates, search box by category - you can do this I think with the search box via keywords, though can't do it with the pure adsense blocks.

Come up with enough decent ideas and I'll do them and package the source up into something usable for your own use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom