Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

tonight, we dine in hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
From midnight tonight we dine in domain hell!

Muwhahahahahahah...

From midnight tonight we dine in domain hell!

Muwhahahahahahah...

Au contraire, I think it will be domain heaven! :D I expect it will result in more domain enquiries from intending buyers of .uk equivalents of existing .co.uk names.

Au contraire, I think it will be domain heaven! :D I expect it will result in more domain enquiries from intending buyers of .uk equivalents of existing .co.uk names.

You could be right, this is an enquiry I received yesterday regarding a .uk domain

"Dear Sir/Madam

nominet.org.uk manages all .uk domain names. On the Coming 10 June 2014 nominet is lanching .uk domain names. All .co.uk domain owners can create a .uk version of their domain name. Please can I buy the .uk domain equivent off of you, as you already have a uk domain name for your business?
.............."

You could be right, this is an enquiry I received yesterday regarding a .uk domain

"Dear Sir/Madam

nominet.org.uk manages all .uk domain names. On the Coming 10 June 2014 nominet is lanching .uk domain names. All .co.uk domain owners can create a .uk version of their domain name. Please can I buy the .uk domain equivent off of you, as you already have a uk domain name for your business?
.............."

That sounds like it was written by a domainer....

Someone with really terrible English

If I was the owner of a domain, that knew nothing about the launch of .UK domains, I would regard it as a scam due to the poor use of English.

Is anyone planning some last minute registering of free to reg .co.uk domains?

What percentage of your domains will you register the .UK equivalent and how many will you register on day 1?

What percentage of your domains will you register the .UK equivalent and how many will you register on day 1?

I wasn't planning to register any

But interested to hear what other people are doing.

Is anyone planning some last minute registering of free to reg .co.uk domains? .....

No ... but many will, perhaps!

..... What percentage of your domains will you register the .UK equivalent and how many will you register on day 1?

At the moment, I only feel the need to register only 2 ... :lol: Will only register when needing to develop or sell.

Been doing this for the last month or so....will have a final look tonight but from tomorrow I'll no longer be actively looking for any domains....Quite looking forward to the prospect :)

Re the other question, I guess I might register one or two.....no real reason to except for ones I'm developing

Last edited:

Well, I registered quite a few in the last month for the first time in over a year. But only ones where the "rights to the .uk" were vacant i.e. those rights now vest in the recently registered names.

Been doing this for the last month or so....will have a final look tonight but from tomorrow I'll no longer be actively looking for any domains....Quite looking forward to the prospect :)

Agree with the second part of that as well. After tonight I'm not even going to bother looking at drop lists, researching available domains etc*. It will be a nice break after 18 years at the "coal face".

*assuming I have the will power, which is far from a given :)

The reason I ask about the last minute regging of domains is that in my simplistic view ..

Today, you get 2 domains for the price of 1.

Tomorrow, you get 1 domain for the price of 2.

In other words, today you get the rights to the .uk for nothing, tomorrow you have to buy both. So if I was seriously considering buying a free to reg co.uk domain (with .uk rights), then I would buy it today, because tomorrow it'll cost twice as much.

The reason I ask about the last minute regging of domains is that in my simplistic view ..

Today, you get 2 domains for the price of 1.

Tomorrow, you get 1 domain for the price of 2.

In other words, today you get the rights to the .uk for nothing, tomorrow you have to buy both. So if I was seriously considering buying a free to reg co.uk domain (with .uk rights), then I would buy it today, because tomorrow it'll cost twice as much.

That's a very good point. Any .co.uk regged before midnight (where the matching .uk rights are still free) will give you 5 years' worth of .uk "reservation" before you have to pull the trigger on the latter extension.

Across a few dozen or a few hundred domains, that adds up to a useful little saving!

I wonder if anyone's registered a .co.uk recently without realising that another extension has the .uk right.

Very nearly. It was already in my shopping cart at Nominet along with a couple of dozen other names, then I thought "I wonder..."

Could have been an annoying little blunder.

What will be the first new .uk domain name registered (I doubt we will ever find out)? How many will have been registered by close of business tomorrow? Maybe there should be a sweepstake. Will AD be migrating to a 2LD .uk domain name from its 3LD? Who will be making a special effort to be up at 08:00 tomorrow when they aren't normally? :p

Will most likely be a pre-ordered one. Don't think an hand reg stands the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom