Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

tonight, we dine in hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcometothe.uk domain name is now in the .uk zone file and resolves with http at port 80. :p

nominet.uk and agreatplacetobe.uk too.

and stephenfry.uk

Just created my first .uk :)

:) which is ?

I'll let you know soon. Currently having an issue with using it at a hosted Wordpress.com site because they don't recognise it as valid.

Their system seems to be lagging reality a bit - registered memorabledomains.uk 4 minutes ago but it's not showing as registered in the Whois.

Oh well, guess I can afford to wait a bit longer given all the practice I've had over the last year and a half...

Their system seems to be lagging reality a bit - registered memorabledomains.uk 4 minutes ago but it's not showing as registered in the Whois.

Oh well, guess I can afford to wait a bit longer given all the practice I've had over the last year and a half...

Ignore the WHOIS. It's just a database of information Do a dig.

dig example.uk @ ns1.nic.uk

Download Sam Spade for Windows if you aren't adept with a *nix prompt. :)

Not quite understanding the rush to get .uk's... Haven't we got 5 years? There aren't going to be any decent hand regs where .co.uk isn't owned surely??

Not quite understanding the rush to get .uk's... Haven't we got 5 years? There aren't going to be any decent hand regs where .co.uk isn't owned surely??

The rush is the feeling of satisfaction when you see that it's REAL, not a mirage :)

That said, we will be holding off on the .uk for most of the rest of our domains.

Seems like new registrations by end users aren't yet being added to the .uk zone file instantly after all. Mine aren't showing after dig performed. :(

EDIT - My mistake, they are. All seems fine.

Last edited:
Might have been covered, but checking daily, there isn't an option for ordering any .uk's. Am I missing something!

Last edited:
The rush is the feeling of satisfaction when you see that it's REAL, not a mirage :)

That said, we will be holding off on the .uk for most of the rest of our domains.

They do look rather lovely sitting in my account :)

13 bought into existence. My surname, two geos and 10 hacks.

- Rob

This really is the dawning of a new era and it's amazing to be part of it.

It's great to be able to register .uk names and see them resolve!

Something to note for those who are Nominet Registrars *only*, if one uses the Nominet Online Web Domain Manager for registrars ".uk" domain names must be registered individually. It's not currently possible to add additional ".uk" domain names to one order. They must be checked out individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom