Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Tracking a domain 'renewal required'

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by pbryd, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbryd United Kingdom

pbryd Active Member

I want to keep an eye on a domain that nominet has a renewal status of 'Renewal required'

Am I right in thinking I can only book it through a drop catching service when the status goes to 'suspended'?

What options do I have to keep track of the domain to help my chances of registering it when/if it drops?

Phil

2. retired_member12

retired_member12 Retired Member

To be fair to all the catchers, if the 'suspended' rule were not in place, you'd have all & sundry booking (and over-burdening) their systems with 'renewal required' domains, plus a fair proportion of those end up being renewed anyway.

You need to watch when the status of the domain name switches to 'suspended' (normally during the night) of the 31st day following the renewal date of a 'renewal required' domain. For example, if the renewal date of the domain you're interested in is 4th September 2010, it'll (usually) flip to suspended during the early hours of the 5th October 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.