Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Trademark Infringement?

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by LorSyr, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LorSyr

LorSyr Member

Let's say I wanted to register booked.co (I don't really) when a company called Bookco has a registered trademark and has an online presence at Bookco.com or other extension. It's close, but is it close enough to raise an eyebrow? If my site is about booking agents, for example, and Bookco is about books one reads, am I safe? It's the best example I can come up with. Assume those are the words. :?:

2. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Look what classes they TM is in, if they don't have the same classes as you, i.e. they are books, you are agents then all good.

3. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Trademarks offer one sort of protection they can decrease chances anyone other than holder of making $ from a name also increase risk of the registration costing you more than just reg fee but they don’t stop anyone regging any name …

trademark etc is irrelevant as far as starting a udrp, drs etc you can for any reason and many do? If your not sure either read up on trade marks , study case histories decisions urdp etc or probably best avoid altogether there’s always new things to register rather than trying to squeeze a few $ out of established

4. LorSyr

LorSyr Member

Great responses, thanks. I'm reconsidering. You're right, there are other fish in the deep blue domain sea. Best avoid it than risk the stress of lawyer-letter, even if lawyer-letter dosen't have a leg to stand on. It will still end up costing me financially to prove that in court.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.