Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Transfer uk domain to another person without nominet

Reaction score
Usually in the past when I’ve sold a domain I would transfer via nominet online services and pay the £12 fee. Is it possible to transfer a domain to another person without using nominet, for example just transferring it to their godaddy account directly from my ionos account ?

Thanks. What’s the recommended way to transfer ownership of a domain then? Would it be for me to transfer via nominet online services to the new owner. Then the new owner could register/transfer the domain via godaddy themselves?

Have you got your own tag?

If so, and if you have the other person's full name, address and email address, you can do it this way.

You can do a push transfer at most registrars, you have to be careful as sometimes the registrant details do not update.

I would think, as long as they update their details manually after it would be ok.

If you push to godaddy without having correct contact details you can spend weeks with their customer support trying to get it put into your account.
They are not the only ones, just one of the worst UK registrars.
Unless you have your own tag and can change registrant details, even if you manage to get a push through to a public registrar, they will not be the legal owners and you are still liable if they start using the domain for nefarious purposes.
It would be better to get everyone to contact nominet and tell them how ridiculous and unnecessary their £10+vat fee is ;)
However I always assumed the buyer paid the fee.

The reason I switched my domains to Netistrar, was so I could buy / transfer without the Nominet fee - and there are several other UK registrars that do it too, recommended on posts here

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom