Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Transfers & Payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedo

Sedo Staff
Reaction score
You can contact your transfer agent through the Transfer Centre:

We have a SLA for replying to any transfer comments made of 24- 48 hours.

Please bear in mind that on average each transfer agent deals with about 250 transactions on a daily basis currently. This means they receive at least 80 - 100 messages along with phone calls and processing the actual transfers.

Alternatively, you can reach your transfer agent via telephone by dialling +49 221 340 30 180. Transfer agents are available from 10:00 - 18:00 Central European Time (GMT +1).

Payments

Sedo receives client payments every day. Our bank accounts are checked for incoming wire payments in the morning. Wire payments sent from one account to another within the same country are usually received the same day and processed within two business days. International wire payments can take up to fifteen business days to be completed. The payments are manually checked and matched to the order. Your order will then show as paid.

All PayPal payments received are downloaded once a day in the afternoon. The payments are manually checked and matched to the order. Your order will then show as paid.

Please note that payments are not updated at the weekend (Saturdays and Sundays) as the office is closed.

We also have to wait until we have received confirmation from the buyer that they have the domain until we can release payment.

Please bear in mind that on average each transfer agent deals with about 250 transactions on a daily basis currently.

Nice business: on average of 250 transaction daily

How many transfer agents are there?

sedo
Sedo Staff

Perhaps update profile information so people know they are dealing with Germany rather than the UK base?

Nice business: on average of 250 transaction daily

How many transfer agents are there?

Judging from my experience I think there is only one, and he was on holiday for a few days.

You can contact your transfer agent through the Transfer Centre:

We have a SLA for replying to any transfer comments made of 24- 48 hours.

Please bear in mind that on average each transfer agent deals with about 250 transactions on a daily basis currently. This means they receive at least 80 - 100 messages along with phone calls and processing the actual transfers.

Alternatively, you can reach your transfer agent via telephone by dialling +49 221 340 30 180. Transfer agents are available from 10:00 - 18:00 Central European Time (GMT +1).

Payments

Sedo receives client payments every day. Our bank accounts are checked for incoming wire payments in the morning. Wire payments sent from one account to another within the same country are usually received the same day and processed within two business days. International wire payments can take up to fifteen business days to be completed. The payments are manually checked and matched to the order. Your order will then show as paid.

All PayPal payments received are downloaded once a day in the afternoon. The payments are manually checked and matched to the order. Your order will then show as paid.

Please note that payments are not updated at the weekend (Saturdays and Sundays) as the office is closed.

We also have to wait until we have received confirmation from the buyer that they have the domain until we can release payment.

So does that mean that a wire transfer from a purchaser to you could take 15 business days and then another 15 business days for you to pay a wire transfer to the seller, a total of 30 business days or 6 calandar weeks to complete the financial transaction ?

so you can not just check the whois and see the new details of the new owner?
what happenes if the new owner has the domain, but dosnt bother to tell sedo they have it, what happens then.

In most cases we can see from the whois. In some cases they have privacy protection on the domain and they would need to remove this in order for us to transfer the domain.

In most cases we can see from the whois. In some cases they have privacy protection on the domain and they would need to remove this in order for us to transfer the domain.

still didnt answer - what if they dont tell you they have the domain? even though the whois dosnt say the old owner but has a new owner (whois protected or not).

what is the sedo procedure then?

Depending on the customers state of origin and payment method a wire lasts between 1 and 10 bank working days. You also need to add one more day as Sedo needs to book the incoming payments according to the bank statements. Bank statements are received at the end of a day so they
cannot be booked before the next working day (e.g. Payment entry 18.01., Booking 19.01.)
For incoming payments you can use this general timelines to check if the payment should be already booked and marked as paid:
Payments within Germany: 1 - 2 Bank working days + 1 booking day = 2 - 3 days
EU-payments: 3 - 5 Bank working days + 1 booking day = 4 - 6 days
Other countries: 8 - 10 Bank working days + booking day = 9 - 11 days
This payment timelines are valid for both, incoming and outgoing payments so it could probably take some weeks in some cases.

Last edited:
Paul

we wait for buyer to confirm that they have the domain in case it has privacy protection on it and if it shows any other details apart from what we have on file.

That is the usual procedure.

regards

Joanna

So that means that the buyer could steal the domain by e.g. putting somebody else's details on the Whois (not what would be expected) and then claiming that they never got it?

no we get confirmation from the buyer as I previously said.

I think the point Edwin is trying to make is, Fraudsters don't tend to be the most helpful and probably won't want to be honest.

Might just be my understanding of fraudsters :D

I'm still confused. What if the malicious buyer puts some completely different details in the Whois during the transfer (since they take control of the domain) such as a different name and address, even in a different country, and then they write Sedo's transfer agent a furious email (as themself) along the lines of "What the unprintable is going on? I'm waiting to receive the domain that I've already paid for, but somebody else seems to have got hold of it!!!"

How would Sedo in that situation prove that the buyer was really the one who ended up with the name, and what recourse would you have since the domain at that point has already been transferred?

Similarly, what's to stop the seller changing the Whois to match the buyer's details (or close to their details), or changing it to somebody else's details, or to whois privacy, or whatever... but never actually releasing the domain to the buyer (e.g. by playing both sides of the transfer process) and then claiming to the transfer agent that they've done their part and the domain's been transferred, so please release the funds....?

I think the point Edwin is trying to make is, Fraudsters don't tend to be the most helpful and probably won't want to be honest.
Yes, exactly. I've expanded on this above...

Last edited:
If you have specific questions please contact customer service on [email protected] or your Transfer Agent - we guarantee 100% security in all our transactions and we've never had an issue.

Kind regards

Joanna

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom