Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Auction trip.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Name Auctions' started by DomCollect, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DomCollect Germany

DomCollect DomCollect Staff

Hey friends,

I thought I'd share this with you:

trip.co.uk is currently available in Sedo’s Great Domain auction!
    It’s a great, generic domain with huge business potential. No doubt it would certainly perform well in the tourism branch!

The auction ends Aug/22/13 06:00 PM CEST.

Cheers!

2. Sound United Kingdom

Sound Well-Known Member

Will you be telling bidders that they may loose the chance to register the .uk in the future as it will lose out to the domain trip.me.uk ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. anthony United Kingdom

anthony Well-Known Member

I don't know why people feel the need to spoil the sales threads of others like this, everyone here at least should already be aware of this potential!

4. Ghengis United Kingdom

Ghengis Active Member

Great traveling domain.

5. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Ditto. poor form

6. Sound United Kingdom

Sound Well-Known Member

The domain is owned by DomCollect

There are many pages on this subject with people standing up for small businesses when the largest auction house SEDO starts to auction domains that it owns and will lose out when .uk is launched do people think we should just turn a blind eye...

7. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

On sales threads here on Acorn? Absolutely. The rule is "no comments" and has been for years and years.

If you have an issue with their sale, take it up with them directly.

8. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Initially I was going to say the same and would still do if it was anyone else, but I think Sound has a point. United Internet (One and One, Sedo, DomCollect etc) are one of the ones pushing through things like .uk and stand to benefit from it hugely.

If they are starting to offload their co.uk's and on the other hand, push for .uk so strongly as they appear to be doing on the other. Then I think it is right to be raised. I don't think that it is fair to raise it with others who don't have the voting power for not mentioning it but in this case I think he does have a decent point.

I would say Devil's advocate but I'm not sure I'd believe it myself. Maybe it isn't right but there is more to Sound's statement than first meets the eye.

9. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

I'm still grumpy after someone negatively commented on a name of mine on here a few years back. I dislike the 1&1 group - but the rule should still apply.

10. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

If bigger players aren’t upfront and honest it reflects badly for the industry as a whole, general perception of domaining people involved etc isn’t great to start and given the position of sellers the uk situation facts there well aware of seems fair to ask.

If you want perception to be its an industry without ethics etc then its not justified if you don’t then it is?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  11. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

It's not up to the seller to say anything.

If you are the buyer and going to spend x,xxx on a domain or even xx,xxx without doing a little bit of research then more fool you, that isn't the way to do business.

+ Discussing this on a sales thread isn't very appropriate

12. PaulGregory

PaulGregory Active Member

To be fair, DomCollect only seems to come here to post adverts, so perhaps this is the best way to get his attention. (I say 'his' - I like to think he's a guy of Irish/Welsh descent called Dominic O'Llect).

I think a nicer snarky question would have been "Are you going to be quickly offloading all the .co.uk domains your megacorp owns that don't qualify for .uk first dibs?"

13. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

I have to second this, the rule is the rule and benefits everyone who posts a domain for sale.
    If the member wanted an appraisal he would post in the appraisal section.

14. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

To be fair, there is no mention of no comments in domain name auction posts:

15. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

I think a post saying there is an auction should be open for discussion. This section is a bit of a joke anyway, so better to have some discussion than none.

Sales threads I agree with, but my domain is here for auction, its open for comment.

16. Stephen United Kingdom

Stephen Well-Known Member

fact or opinion?

Thanks for posting it.

As this is an open thread if there was a spelling mistake, a number not a letter, major trademark issues, not getting .uk if .me.uk if proposal went ahead as is are all legitimate points, as they are all facts and should be posted.

Maybe it would be bad form to say you are expecting £20,000 as I don't think it is worth it would be an opinion and maybe bad form to post as a comment.

17. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

When I posted this I mistakenly thought it was a sales thread, which of course the poster could have used and enjoyed the rules under that section, so not so absolute regarding my original opinion.

18. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

I thought he left Dom-taste-a-domain a while back? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.