Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Twitter Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do Twitter automation? I would like to be able to load a load of Tweets in, and then let then get Tweeted automatically, say at the rate of 1 every two minutes. What's the best way?

720 tweets a day? You are very dedicated in sparking meaningful discussion and sharing information with your followers.

From what I remember Hootsuite will let you load up and schedule mass tweets, but ofcourse they will have to be unique tweets otherwise Hootsuite won't play ball.

The clue is in the name, 'social' media. It's about being social, interacting, adding value.

Of course you can schedule some tweets, but spamming every two minutes will just be wasting your time and will probably lose you followers, or at least only gain you bots and other fake accounts.

Hootsuite is a decent software. I think you can sign up for a months FREE trial. Give it ago

Tweetadder used to work well. Not used in a few years, so can't comment on recent ones.
Tweetdeck is free (on Chrome) and lets you schedule tweets etc.

Twitter has a limit as to how many tweets can be sent in a 24 hour period. Can't remember it of the top of my head, but believe that your rate will be above it, in a 24 hour period. Tweeting crap (or anything for that matter) at that rate, will lead to you account being closed.

Quite why anyone would want to tweet every 2 minutes is beyond me. Maybe a few years ago tweeting URLs worked, but that has long stopped.

Fair points re the Tweet interval. I am now getting more conscious of not losing followers, so I am starting to alter the type of Tweets I do accordingly.

Hootsuite will allow you a few accounts loaded up with standard scheduling for free (Typing in your tweets and setting the time to post it 1 by 1) or the paid the version will allow you to schedule using a spreadsheet upload.

The problem is that you are promoting random products, from a Chicago holiday to a mobile phone holder to around 450 followers (Many of them company/business accounts and non UK)

I really would try and build up your following before promoting too much. You are likely to put off any existing "real followers" without looking into exactly what kind of deals people want to see.

It is very hard to sell broad products to non-targeted followers. The chances of one of your 450 followers deciding they fancy a holiday to Chicago through a link that lands on the merchants homepage with no further information on any deals etc...

From experience even with a highly targeted niche and followers looking to buy the EXACT product you are promoting deals for, you still need a good 20,000+ Followers to make it worth it.

Yes I agree with you Mat. I just tend to do a quick Tweet on LowPrices when I am thinking of something, it's like a cover all. I agree it would be better highly targeted. However, I can get some traffic through hashtags.

I have a few niche Twitter accounts too.

In other words your just going to carry on regardless of any advice you receive lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom