Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Uk house prices website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in the letting/estate agent business and have decided to add a house prices function to compliment my main site, this is particularly useful for estate agents who often look at zoopla or rightmove. I decided to do this my self as the zoopla api isn't very good, you can pay a fee to them for more data.

It's a html5 responsive template with just a bit of tech work from me added.

I hope you like this and maybe use it from time to time, I will be adding more functionality over the next couple of months.

I used a hack domain for this as zoopla owns houseprices.co.uk

Here it is: http://HousePric.es

All comments welcome.

I just tried a post code search and it didn't work?

I never bothered clicking on the site before writing this, and don't intend doing so.

The domain is beyond woeful. It horribly fails the 'phone test'. I think these domains with words spread into some random geo domain extension are horrific.... you can't even geo set it in WMT to anywhere other than Spain can you? Why would you possibly want to build a UK targeted site that the the search engine with a 95% market share thinks is serving the Spanish market?

I just tried a post code search and it didn't work?

Ok, did you leave a space or not? perhaps no properties have been sold in this postcode this year up until end of May.

I'm adding the past 14 years of results to the database very shortly.

Last edited:
Didn't work for me either.

Also, your caravan website (in your sig) is down.

I never bothered clicking on the site before writing this, and don't intend doing so.

The domain is beyond woeful. It horribly fails the 'phone test'. I think these domains with words spread into some random geo domain extension are horrific.... you can't even geo set it in WMT to anywhere other than Spain can you? Why would you possibly want to build a UK targeted site that the the search engine with a 95% market share thinks is serving the Spanish market?

Lol, it is mobile compliant/resposive, .es is not random its a spanish cctld, I know its set to Spanish and I'm not looking attract organic traffic from G, it compliments my main site and I do like hack sites as they are memorable.

Thank you for your time.:cool:

Didn't work for me either.

Also, your caravan website (in your sig) is down.

See earlier post and thanks for the heads up on the caravans site.

Hate the use of the domain, but data worked for me with an accurate enough result.

It didn't work for me when entering a full postcode in the form of XX1 1XX for example, but entering just XX1 does show results for all properties with that as the start of a postcode.

I can see an argument for using a hack for a site aimed at a global audience. But, for a site aimed specifically at the UK, I just wouldn't consider using another countries tld as a starting point.

I have soldhouseprices.uk /co.uk, but would need a decent offer to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom