Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Ukrights list details for sale

I'm not really understanding you Sean.

I'm saying that all tagholders email a list to nominet. Yes there are a few multitaggers (and don't forget to report known multitaggers to nominet ;)) but highly sought after domains are going to be requested by so many tags that the few % odds increase gain outweighs the disadvantages. Some tagholders don't even use DAC/EPP so this would give them a chance as well.

I do see the attraction of this at face value but I just think it will be gamed and we all know that Nominet aren't interested in catching in cheats ;)

It would be good to hold the event live at Nominet Towers, force members to attend in order to register their interest. We can have a party and put faces to the many anonymous tags :D

I guess it comes down to which costs Nominet the least amount of money to implement; as all desirable domains are going to be registered no matter what system they use.

I'd personally auction them and give the proceeds to charity, I know those with the deepest pockets win but that's ultimately what happens anyway, this way benefits good causes rather than domainers.

I'm just surprised that in 5 years nominet don't seem to have it already figured out. Maybe they're looking for a way to give them to their top 5 registrar friends and get some new 'presents'.

I'm just surprised that in 5 years nominet don't seem to have it already figured out. Maybe they're looking for a way to give them to their top 5 registrar friends and get some new 'presents'.

I'm still curious to know the significance of them asking how many names you intend to register, those that said 10,000 plus could be in for a huge surprise if they get asked to lodge a £45,000 deposit :D

I'd personally auction them and give the proceeds to charity, I know those with the deepest pockets win but that's ultimately what happens anyway, this way benefits good causes rather than domainers.
I'd have no issue with that, but then the .uk extension was nothing more than a cash grab for Nominet anyway, so cannot imagine they'll do anything that impacts their bottom line. Charities could have done very well from the LL auction back in 2011, but instead Nominet did!

Charities could do very well continually with the proft nominet makes which they funnel into their *cough* other community projects. In fact they used to....

I like the list suggestion. Send a tag list... if you're the only one on there its yours, otherwise auction.

Charities could do very well continually with the proft nominet makes which they funnel into their *cough* other community projects. In fact they used to....

The Nominet Trust was a great success story and for me it's shameful that it's been scrapped.

"As we focus on Nominet’s ambitious public benefit programme, it’s the right time for the Trust to have the freedom they need to pursue their social tech agenda."

That's spin for they aren't getting another penny out of us!

Look, top and bottom, it's their rules and we'll deal with them when we know how this will work, there's still time for a few twists to this story, it's Nominet so nothing would surprise me!

proceeds going to charity,

London Marathon yesterday. I wonder how many people still view it as an event raising funds to support genuine charities.

Charities are increasingly undermined by wolves in sheep's clothing.

Nominet haven't updated the list for 2 weeks. I get the impression that they don't know what they are going to do as their emails keep saying everything will depend on how many registrars sign up and how many they think they will register etc. I'm sure they can mess it up somehow though :p
Nominet claim the list is updated weekly (I thought they said daily!) and usually on a Tuesday, so should be up today (it isn't!). They are saying that the release plans have not changed, so I guess DAC/EPP it is!

Nominet claim the list is updated weekly (I thought they said daily!) and usually on a Tuesday, so should be up today (it isn't!). They are saying that the release plans have not changed, so I guess DAC/EPP it is!

I haven't looked today but last updates were 9th, and 16th so maybe they just missed a week. All updates for people who bought the file info are in the update area emailed.

Didn't someone mention the 10th for details ?

They said they would officially release exact info about how the drop will work then.

Didn't someone mention the 10th for details ?

Yes, confirmation of details then, but question marks over the process for now.

I haven't looked today but last updates were 9th, and 16th so maybe they just missed a week. All updates for people who bought the file info are in the update area emailed.

There was already one for the 23rd on their system. Nothing new today when I checked earlier.

I downloaded the file 2 or 3 days ago. It still had updated date the 16th. So I don't think it went up on 23rd. Likewise I wouldn't be surprised to see it updated in a few days but with a date of 30th April. Not that it matters as there are so little of them being registered :p

Is it just one file of 3 million? I don't know if my laptop will like me opening that

Is it possible to be broken down into separate files now we know how the drop will work? thanks

Batch 1: Domains beginning 0-9, a-b
Batch 2: Domains beginning c-f
Batch 3: Domains beginning g-m
Batch 4: Domains beginning n-s
Batch 5: Domains beginning t-z

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom