Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Unnatural Inbound Links Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone else receive an "Unnatural inbound links" message in webmaster tools on Jul 23rd?

I think what has happened with our site is where we had some partial side-wide links from our own other sites, which were 301d to a single page on the other site. So would this then appear as if we had suddenly thrown hundreds of links from a single page on a single site?

There are also many paid links from relevant blogs which are dofollow. These have been in place for years however, with no change. I've long wondered the merit of these paid blog links (just from 2 big blogs, but sitewide so 1,000s of links). I'm obviously going to sort out the first 301 problem. My question then is do we:

1. Change all the blog links to nofollow, or
2. Remove the blog links altogether.

I'm tempted to go for 2, totally clean up the profile and start again. We do have some very good links, from the Guardian and universities for example, but they are fairly low in number. It is always hard to do though when you see top ranking sites employing just these same paid links.

Any advice? Cheers.

I'd remove the sitewide's and blogroll links, vary the anchor and the url you link to and do a reconsideration request when the profile is more diverse.

I'd remove the sitewide's and blogroll links, vary the anchor and the url you link to and do a reconsideration request when the profile is more diverse.

Thanks Scott, that was my thinking, just looking for confirmation. It'll be interesting to see the effect on the rankings, I wouldn't be suprised if it didn't effect it all that much.

http://searchengineland.com/google-explains-new-link-warnings-says-dont-panic-but-dont-ignore-128888

Disclaimer: SEL generally publishes pretty poor content but Danny Sullivan's posts are good.

hi Blossom,
thank you very much for sharing the link....it was really a great article....

too much confusion after this panda and penguin....confused what to do or what not to do....

this article covered some important issues....and cleared some of my doubts.....

i would advise everybody to read the article....amazing article....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom