Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Update on Fasthosts/Nominet domain transfers

I am in no way saying he deserves a pat on the back but maybe we are attacking the messenger a bit too much here..

You're entitled to feel how you want about it and I respect that and cannot disagree

I personally think threatening legal action against someone for saying what you did was wrong, when you did something wrong, would more suit "attacking the messenger".

You're entitled to feel how you want about it and I respect that and cannot disagree

I personally think threatening legal action against someone for saying what you did was wrong, when you did something wrong, would more suit "attacking the messenger".

TBH, I wasn't really taking that into account as I felt that that was a matter between you and him. As I think I said at the time, I really hoped the two of you could resolve it amicably, as a lot of what was said at the time was in the heat of the situation. From memory there was a lot of grey area in Fasthosts terms some of which contradicted Nominets and not being a registrar myself, I couldn't and can't really comment on this - I am viewing this purely from an end users point of view.

I posted something similar on the other thread about @Siusaidh and her apparent purchase of Charlie. That if I had registered a domain in this way and got re-assurances at the time from fasthosts that everything was fine (prior to any comments about the rights and wrongs from more experienced members on here), I probably would have thought that I had done nothing wrong and maybe even self indulgingly patted myself on the back for getting the domain. However, having then seen all of the comments, the uproar it caused and also recognising the fact Nominet decided to withdraw the registration, I would have certainly held my hands up and said sorry, I really thought what I was doing was right, but obviously I was misinformed by fasthosts.

The situation between the two of you is way above my paygrade and you both have far more experience than I do. That being said, I have had the pleasure to deal with you both and hopefully we/you/Ant/ @Siusaidh can put this down to experience and move on from it.

As I think I said at the time, I really hoped the two of you could resolve it amicably

Last Sunday I privately messaged him and offered to remove my posts, not because I did anything wrong but as a personal courtesy to deescalate the situation; I could talk about the topic of domain hijacking without referring to them directly

He saw my message the same day and replied but didn't mention me removing the posts, so I didn't

In the first post of this thread

DomainAngel said:
Admin was informed but the thread is still visible and happy to refuse my request, which was perfectly lawful."

Was the request to remove the other thread? why ask @Admin to remove the thread when I already offered to remove my posts and he ignored it

How can you claim you're bothered by posts but when they were offered to be removed you don't take it?

He started this thread to invite further discussion and opinions on his actions. odd.

• Informative
Reactions: DJ

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom