Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Urgent help needed for my dissertation survey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who participated. I now have 165 responses and will begin to analyse them.

I will pick someone at random for the £20 in the next day or so.

Many thanks,

Alex

Last edited:
Done - good luck!

For anyone else taking part, the meter at the bottom showing what %age you've completed, is a bit pesimistic - when it was showing about 75% it was almost finished, so it takes less time than you might think.

Hi Alex ,

Just done it :)

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.

All 73 :shock: questions answered.

Good luck with the dissertation.

Hehe, the lucky respondents of the pilot questionnaires had twice that. Much appreciated and hope it didn't take too long.

I'll keep this thread updated with how many responses it gets now and again, still a way to go though.

Edit:

Done - good luck!

For anyone else taking part, the meter at the bottom showing what %age you've completed, is a bit pesimistic - when it was showing about 75% it was almost finished, so it takes less time than you might think.

Thanks for completing it and pointing that out :)

Done Alex, I hate questions with agree, disagree, strongly this and strongly that, and I felel like I'm being tested :)

You have a typo on question 31:

31) I don’t like companiebenefitingng from using my personal information.

Done.

A lot of the statements were a little vague. For example:

64) Financial institutions have developed means to protect me from fraud.

Does that mean ALL financial institutions have developed means to protect me COMPLETELY from fraud?

Done Alex, I hate questions with agree, disagree, strongly this and strongly that, and I felel like I'm being tested :)

You have a typo on question 31:

Cheers Kev, much appreciated and sorry about the scales I'm using - apparently they're the best way to measure attitudes and perceptions, but I agree they can be annoying. I've sorted the typo, I ran a spell check using the site I'm using for the questionnaire, but instead of fixing the mistake it merged the words.

Done.

A lot of the statements were a little vague. For example:

64) Financial institutions have developed means to protect me from fraud.

Does that mean ALL financial institutions have developed means to protect me COMPLETELY from fraud?

Thanks for going through it. I'm sorry they're a bit vague, in most cases it's to see what your gut instinct is. For example do you associate financial institutions with good security or a cause of fraud. I appreciate it isn't clear and I'll have a look through again and see where I can clarify a bit more.

Thank you :D

I better get on with some work now and stop being distracted by AD. I'll post an update later.

Thanks for your responses :p

Thanks for going through it. I'm sorry they're a bit vague, in most cases it's to see what your gut instinct is. For example do you associate financial institutions with good security or a cause of fraud. I appreciate it isn't clear and I'll have a look through again and see where I can clarify a bit more.

That's my point really. Some financial institutions I associate with good security, others will be the cause of fraud. ;)

I do know how difficult it can be setting questions though. I have had to do it myself for Psychology with varying degrees of success!

Completed :cool:
done :)

Good luck

Thank you for completing it. I have had 16 responses since starting this thread so should meet the 200 target by next Thursday at this rate, but still a long way to go. So far the average time of completion has been 8 minutes, but some have taken 15-20 at most.

That's my point really. Some financial institutions I associate with good security, others will be the cause of fraud.

I do know how difficult it can be setting questions though. I have had to do it myself for Psychology with varying degrees of success!

Setting questions can be a real pain; although it may not seem it, I spent a week devising and running the pilot, then ran Pearson's item-to-total correlation to ensure significance then Cronbach's alpha for internal reliability. The questionnaire has changed significantly, but given the time constraints I had to launch the live survey. I can imagine a psychology questionnaire requires even more thought. I hope I'm not a customer to any institutions likely to cause fraud :( Again, thanks for taking the time to go through it :p

I've filled it in. A lot of seemingly repetitive questions, but only you know for sure what to do with the answers ;)

And yes, the irony of mentioning that I'd filled in an anonymous survey about attitudes towards privacy and information sharing hasn't escaped me...

Filled in your questionnaire. Had to get 100 responses for my own dissertation so know how hard it can be. Only got 63 or so from other students in the end so I had to fill in the rest and provide fake answers. There's always a way out.

I've filled it in. A lot of seemingly repetitive questions, but only you know for sure what to do with the answers ;)

And yes, the irony of mentioning that I'd filled in an anonymous survey about attitudes towards privacy and information sharing hasn't escaped me...

Thanks for completing it. Yeah I thought it was amusing, also funny to see how many people submit their email address for the draw and say they never give out their details, although it's not something I'm testing officially.

Filled in your questionnaire. Had to get 100 responses for my own dissertation so know how hard it can be. Only got 63 or so from other students in the end so I had to fill in the rest and provide fake answers. There's always a way out.

Thanks for going through it. It can be a big ask to get this many responses. unfortunately I left it a bit late for various reasons so the next 3 weeks will be extremely busy. Once the results are in life gets easier.

I'm up to 22 responses online - I emailed the uni admin department who usually help and send the link to students, but no answer so far. If you've got a free 10 minutes feel free to keep responses coming :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom