Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Using a domain broker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am considering using some domain brokers for the first time and wondered if anyone could offer any tips (dos and don'ts) from past experiences?

For example:
- Is it wise to agree that if a certain price is met, the broker can accept on your behalf?
- How would you handle the transactional side: would you accept payment into your account (seller) and then pay the broker his/her commission?
- Would you be okay working on a trust basis, or would you ensure a contract is in place (so you both know where you stand).

I want to make sure I have every angle covered before I use this for the first time so any tips/experiences you can share would be great.

Thank you :)

(Btw, I'm considering using brokers who work as individuals - this does not include services offered by established companies like Sedo).

Are you wanting to use a broker to sell you domain(s) or buy one?

Hi bensd,

Looking to use a broker to sell my names - but I'd also be interested in comments about using a broker to buy as there is a particular name I'm after at the moment and would be a great xmas present to myself (Go Daddy's broker service was useless!).

I wouldn't mind using an individual broker to buy a name, would just like to know how I'd make sure my money is safe after I hand it over.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom