Domain Manage

Views on domain development?

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by Grant, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant United States

Grant Active Member

Feb 2011
    Sorry for all the questions of late, I appreciate the responses.

So I have a few domains, slowly picking better ones etc. Some I'll sell off, some I was thinking of developing.

It's not really a problem to develop, but it takes time and a bit of money. Luckily, I write content full time, so I don't have to fork out for that :D, but I pay a designer.

My main question is; if looking long term for a decent sale price, would you develop or leave as is?

There are certain domains (especially one word ones) that could be attached to a range of niches. So SEO value and content related to one niche, might not suit the buyer. Are they going to be put off, as this is a "site" not a "domain"?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

Murray Well-Known Member

Sep 2012
    Personally if I choose to develop then my end goal is not to sell but to make it a profitable site, so I don't worry about your last question.

Developing sites and making money isn't easy, I would only develop those you're passionate about and have a strong interest in.

If you don't have a real drive to make a site succeed then don't bother starting.

If you don't have an intelligent business plan of how you're going to make a site profitable, don't bother starting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.