Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted – web Design & Development $1800 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for Designers/Developers for my website.
I’m looking for a simple design but well layed out and pleasing on the eye. The budget is up to $1800.
You will need to be a very experienced designer – I have come across quite a few bad/amateur ones lately – so if you’re still learning please don’t reply to this.
If you have experience, a portfolio, and can work quickly and efficiently and stick to deadlines then please send a pm or post on this thread with examples of your work.
If I like what I see I will get in touch with you.
I have recently been let down by a member on this board, so am somewhat wary now – so if anyone reading this can recommend someone I’d very much like to hear from you as well

Thanks

P.S. I really only want to deal with people who have a good rep here, as i have recently been stung at another forum.

Fio Group - Website Developing company

Hello,

I would like to introduce ourself as one of the leading Website Developers based in Alberta, Canada. We have been in the business for the past 7 years and have several websites. I was browsing through and came to know that you are in need to website developers. I’ve attached some information on our firm that touches on some of the ways we may be able to help you in your efforts.

Our focus is helping clients get results form their marketing efforts, both on-line and in traditional medias. We provide a wide range of services and have capabilities to help companies:
Develop and Implement strategies that help them actually make money on-line,
Understand and exploit new, evolving technologies that help them promote their businesses,
Update their web presence helping make it easy for customers and prospects to buy from them,
Use technology to help enhance communications with existing customers and attract new ones,
Able to help companies build and manage a complete on-line storefront, including content management, full integration with accounting and inventory control systems, simple controls over pricing levels for each client if you choose, very simple client interface including order tracking and verification, plus a detailed strategy to promote your on-line store on-line (SEO, pay per click strategies, social networking, etc), in traditional advertising medias and in your physical stores.

We’re confident that we can help most companies and only ask for a brief meeting to better understand your objectives so that we can suggest ways our services could help you accomplish your goals and grow your business.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will call you talk about this in detail.

Thank you!

regards,
Mahesh Shan
Business Development Manager
FiO Group
(403)775-6272

www.fiogroup.com

I don't like to critisise Mahesh but your own website is coded using tables which for layout is considered an out of date technique, it also has css and javascript mixed in with the html, which is not considered good practice. also you html does not validate.

I am not judging your company's ability to create good websites, but for your own website's code to be outdated and non standards compliant isn't a good start.

I wouldn't like to see StaffJam to be let down again.

I am glad that you are being open and honest. But, I would like to emphasize that it costs you nothing to talk to us, but it may be costing you money and market share every day that you allow competitors to take advantage of the fact that you haven’t made this a priority yet. Agreeing to talk with us doesn’t commit you to anything, but we will discuss some ideas and come prepared to make a couple of simple recommendations that could be very valuable whether we do business together, or not. Does that sound fair?

Whats wrong with tables? what's out of date about them? new isn't always better.

CSS is Better for layout than Tables so in this case new is better, Layout should be kept seperate from content for plenty of reasons. Just look at a large site that has been built using tables then try to edit it, or add/remove/update content, then look at one that uses xhtml for the dom tree, and css for layout, much easier to update, edit, repair....e.t.c believe me, repairing crappy table built websites is a large part of my job.

Nothing wrong with tables for displaying tabular data but other than that it's an out of date method for building websites.

Last edited:
I am glad that you are being open and honest. But, I would like to emphasize that it costs you nothing to talk to us, but it may be costing you money and market share every day that you allow competitors to take advantage of the fact that you haven’t made this a priority yet. Agreeing to talk with us doesn’t commit you to anything, but we will discuss some ideas and come prepared to make a couple of simple recommendations that could be very valuable whether we do business together, or not. Does that sound fair?

This sounds like cookie cutter text and kinda shoots past the points being made. Just sayin

Thanks for all your posts - but i am no longer looking for a developer.

Mod can you please close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom