Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

WasteRemoval.co.uk

Reaction score
Can Registrar like Heart Internet renewed a domain without the owner permission or knowing.

I am not sure that is he case here but it looks like it, I check the domain name and decided to try and see if I can catch the name, within few minutes it was renewed.
http://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=wasteremoval.co.uk

Other names like this one below owned by the same guy but different registrar was not renewed.
http://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=enquiryline.co.uk

It might just be a coincidence, just thought I see if any of the guys here have experience similar things.

The DNS still pointing to:
ns1.domainhasexpired.com
ns2.domainhasexpired.com

You will expect this to have changes when the domain name owner renewed the names.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Are you saying that you placed a backorder with Heart Internet, or you performed a domain search on their website to see if it was registered, and moments later is was renewed?

I was trying to use Domainview to catch the name, so I check whois first to see if its not already caught and still available.
Few minutes after I add the name to Domainview system, I receive a notice that its has dropped but not caught. So I checked whois again and saw that it was renewed.
When you renew a domain name, the DNS does not remain as the expired DNS, this is why I am a bit suspicious.

Pure coincidence that you booked it and then it was renewed.

The DNS will remain as is after renewal. It's up to Heart internet to remove the 'domainhasexpired.com' name servers and restore any previous nameservers.

I don't have any names with Heart Internet, but when I renew domain late with other ISP like Godaddy, even 123-reg, the DNS change back to active DNS, because the expired DNS will make the domain name inactive, as soon as you renew it will change to their normal active DNS.
Just a thought.

Can Registrar like Heart Internet renewed a domain without the owner permission or knowing.

I am not sure that is he case here but it looks like it, I check the domain name and decided to try and see if I can catch the name, within few minutes it was renewed.
http://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=wasteremoval.co.uk

Other names like this one below owned by the same guy but different registrar was not renewed.
http://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=enquiryline.co.uk

It might just be a coincidence, just thought I see if any of the guys here have experience similar things.

The DNS still pointing to:
ns1.domainhasexpired.com
ns2.domainhasexpired.com

You will expect this to have changes when the domain name owner renewed the names.

Just a thought.

Thanks
This seems to be happening all the time now!

Was just going to post about this myself, yet another domain renewed hours into the day of the drop. Yes it can and does happen, but the regularity of this in recent weeks suggest something else.

This is what I thought, what normally happen when a domain name is renewed did not happen is this case, that's why I was a bit suspicious.

If this is going to be the case going forward, looks like this will almost kill domain name backorder which has been source of income for smaller players than companies like Heart Internet.

I believe Simion Dooner is a member on here, maybe he could shed some light.

I believe Simion Dooner is a member on here, maybe he could shed some light.
I've dropped Simon an email because we've done business before; maybe he can shed light on it.

From experience, it's quite difficult to renew a domain with HeartInternet in the 24 hours prior to it dropping. I think it disappears from the domain list 24 hours prior to renewal and customer support need to contact another third party to get a renewal through, which can mean the domain drops prior to it being renewed.

Ok, Simon has messaged me to say that he renewed it. It had been removed by Heart from his control panel (quite normal practise with registrars it seems) so had to wait on a support query to be actioned, which happened just in time. So on this occasion, nothing dodgy.

Ok, Simon has messaged me to say that he renewed it. It had been removed by Heart from his control panel (quite normal practise with registrars it seems) so had to wait on a support query to be actioned, which happened just in time. So on this occasion, nothing dodgy.

Thank you for your effort Ian.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom