Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Web content idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your prices may be a little to high imo , nice design tho

I don't think your prices are high - they are quite reasonable actually. The copywriting business is highly competitive so you need to have an edge.

The design and site looks nice.

Good luck, hope it works for you. :)

I think the prices are reasonable too if the content is without errors.

I'd try and fix the table:
http://www.contentpro.co.uk/pricing/

The border around only the middle column header looks a little weird. Also try and get the "get in touch for a quote" buttons to be aligned.

Also maybe the buttons shouldn't be about getting a quote (because you've stated the prices), so maybe they should be "order" or equivalent.

Good luck.

£8/500 words is cheap for a supplier. I usually charge £15 for basic stuff although we tend to do £30-50 pieces that are much more likely to get shared etc, seems as though that is the way the internet has been going for the last few years.

I'd fix the text of the box on the front page to make it read a little better, as that's the first thing any potential client will see. Try the following, for example...

Unique, well-written, relevant content has never been more important to the success of your website. With search engines getting more savvy by the day, the content on your website needs to be well researched, thorough and up to date. This is what we do best.

Similarly, I'd rework the rest of the text on that page (and any other customer-facing pages) so that it's absolutely pristine.

Thanks Edwin. Now I just need the jobs to come in! Any ideas how to begin promotion? I'm wondering about Adsense.

I like the design.

* You could make the testimonials page more trustworthy by having full names and links out to customer websites where you have written content.

* There is no mention of payment methods - PayPal / Bank Transfer? Pay on delivery?

To drum up business you could probably start by offering an "Acorn Special" :)

£15 sounds quite cheap to me. What's the quality like though? Can you send over some examples? If the quality is good and you can deliver then I think it would be worth pursuing.

Quick website feedback:

The header doesn't look quite right to me. It's the spacing between the top, logo and navigation. I know that doesn't help, but it's what stood out to me when I first looked at the site.

Agree with peacock - I don't trust the testimonials. I know it's difficult given the industry and NDA's etc, but including company logos, links to clients would be much better. Links to work would be good too if the client is happy.

There are no social icons that I can see.

Some of the homepage links (social media for example) are broken or just link to self.

Needs more contact information - the contact form puts me off, I'd want to call you or at least know that you're real.

Overall feeling is nice site, but you don't quite feel trustable. The testimonials feel faked and because the only contact method is the contact form, with a map that doesn't specify an address, if you hadn't posted here I'd be reluctant to make contact.

Last edited:
And actually FIX the content, rather than just saying "good idea" then ignoring it. The poor quality of the English currently on the site is not reassuring if you're trying to market content writing services!

I assume you have somebody on your team capable of doing a better job?

If not, you might as well shut up shop now.

I would employ Edwin to write your content :D

i think the prices are good, my missus is a marketing executive for a big multi national company, the amount of money paid out for content writers and translation services for the company she works for are vast, if you can write high end quality content for Insurance/Legal niches that are FCA compliant could earn you 20x your current rates, might be worth looking into :D

oh the site, don't like it, looks like a template

Last edited:
I would employ Edwin to write your content :D

i think the prices are good, my missus is a marketing executive for a big multi national company, the amount of money paid out for content writers and translation services for the company she works for are vast, if you can write high end quality content for Insurance/Legal niches that are FCA compliant could earn you 20x your current rates, might be worth looking into :D

oh the site, don't like it, looks like a template

*starts looking for clients that'll pay that much*

Seriously though, I need to start doing that instead of just writing for affiliates etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks all for your thoughts and suggestions so far.

To answer you all individually:

Peacock – Making the testimonials page more trustworthy is on my to-do list, I shall also add methods of payment somewhere too.
Alex – I shall PM you some examples. Header nav & HP links – noted. The trust of the site is an important one so I shall work on this too.
Edwin – I've actually been without internet access for a while so have been unable to work on the site since your previous comments. I’m hoping to find the time to get the website updated and yes, I do have a team of pro’s to help out in that department :)
Deliajen – This is something I shall consider for the future, thanks!

I actually created the website a while back as I wasn't sure about it as a concept. Judging by the feedback so far I think it’s an idea I shall peruse as soon as I have the time to focus on it. Once I've made all of the updates I want to make I shall offer an Acorn discount.

Watch this space!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom