Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Webmaster Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
How many sites is it safe to add to webmaster tools?

I have about 10-15 but at the moment only added 1 in webmaster tools so is it ok for me to add the rest or am i risking telling google i own them all.

How many sites is it safe to add to webmaster tools?

I have about 10-15 but at the moment only added 1 in webmaster tools so is it ok for me to add the rest or am i risking telling google i own them all.

Likelihood is that Google already know you own them all unless your extremely careful and good at hiding your footprints.

Do you use any other Google products which such as Analytics's on all the sites ? are the whois hidden, are they on the same servers or IP ranges, do they follow the same template or design structure, are they interlinked..................There are lists as long as your arm which would resemble a footprint in some form or another.

You'd have to be super duper Anally retentive for them to not already know or be able to work it out with out much of an issue if they really wanted to hunt you down...........like James Bond style secretive lol.

I suppose it really comes down to what you think your going to lose by adding them and what your gaining, I have 3 or 4 Webmaster tools accounts with between 15 - 40 on each........Personal , business, clients etc. The only reason they are separated is ease of management otherwise they would be all in the same account.

I always think that when you make it obvious your trying to hide something or you slip up....thats when you come unstuck.

Plus have you never thought that if you keep your nose clean your own personal reputation/authority may have an impact on those sites associated with you ? Guess if your playing in shady areas thats maybe your concern about adding them ?

Last edited:
No not hiding anything or dealing in dodgy areas was just asking how does google webmaster tools feel by a single account having a few websites on the go.

You'll be fine bud, they provide the facilities to add users and admins to accounts so they expect agencies and individuals with large amounts of sites to submit them, lets face it with all the changes Google make now days if your sites are submitted at least you will get warnings about them if there is a crawling issue, algo change which effects them or anything like that.

Yeah your basically telling them what your doing and what you've involved in but like i say its very likely they already know what they want to know about you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom