Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Website payment engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am looking for some advice for a project. The site requires the ability to accept payments online. (ranging from £10 - £125 or so)

For simplicity, and security, the ideal solution will involve us sending the buyer to the payment site, where they enter card details etc, and then redirecting back to us with a status code or whatever.

The original plan was to use PayPal Pro, as this would allow users to pay by credit card without any other nonsense. It seems, however, that you need to to collect all the payment details on your own site and then process via PayPal in the background. No problem, and I have a test page talking to the servers, but we don't really want to hold/process this detail ourselves.

The next option was PayPal Express Checkout: Failed as it will only allow payment by Paypal account

Then there was PayPal Basic, which puts a "Buy now" button on your page, which links to the paypal payment pages and then back again. ALMOST ideal, except that the pay by credit card option has been dropped to one tiny link and there doesn't appear to be a way to to jump directly to teh CC page.

Google checkout requires the buyer to have a google account.

Any other suggestions?

Nice and easy:

1. On site, click BUY NOW
2. On payment engine enter card details
3. Return to site with status code

Must be someone doing this?

Worldpay is very easy to customise and will do the job for you

cheers; will look at their offering now. I think I signed up for a full merchant account with them years ago; £500 down or something. I cancelled it as I wasn't using it though.

Thanks, I will see if I can find the perfect client/site solution! :)

Last time I checked, 'Nochex' appears on the user's CC statement - so you are ripe for chargebacks if they don't know what they bought.

I'd recommend Protx, but you'll need a merchant account.

I'm not sure - I've always (and will) always use protx.

Do you have a merchant account setup for internet trading with your bank?

Or are you looking for a service without setting up a merchant account.

it's for a client who was sold into Paypal pro, which will do everything needed - BUT requires the site to hold the details, have a secure certificate etc. Which initially, at least is not costed. So the idea is to through them to an external site and get a pass/fail response base don the payment status.

I think we are going with Paypal for now, but I'm keeping details on all these other options for the next phase.

I was just about to post a new thread about website payments.. Looked into paypal pro but dont think im technically savvy enough to put it into place! Will have a gander at worldpay and 2co.com.
Steve how are you getting on with paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts