Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Weight loss 2

Discussion in 'General Board' started by BREWSTERS, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Lost another 1.8kg in the last 10 days. I'm sure it would be quicker if I added exercise, but I'm still satisfied at the pace. I'm at the lightest I've been since I moved back to the UK 2 years ago. Bought some tighter trousers :)

2. seemly

seemly Well-Known Member

Spandex? ;):shock:

Nice going Edwin. Feel good factor must be starting to kick in.

3. pinman United Kingdom

pinman Member

Read this thread with interest and thought I'd share a little tip that was successful for me when I needed to lose around 2 stone a few years back :oops:

To me losing weight was always a very simple equation... you simply burn more calories than you eat. Once you reach your desired goal, you then merely ensure that the burn is equal to what you eat thus ensuring you maintain the weight.

Easier said than done.... but this is where I found 'My Fitness Pal' the ideal motivator :D

It's free and can be used online, iphone or ipad. After putting in your current and desired weight details, etc. You simply record EVERYTHING you eat and all the exercise you do.

It then keeps a daily tally on your calorie intake and the various types of carbs, proteins, etc that are in your diet. You can even scan the barcodes of foods to add to the system.

Believe me, it's great for keeping your eye on the ball and for learning about which foods are really bad (you might be surprised!!).

It can however make you rather obsessive about what you eat.....

Anyway, hope it helps you guys keep up the weight loss :D

4. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

+1 for this app

Helped me lose a stone over 6 weeks. So many foods are pre-stored, you just type what you're eating / drinking and the calories / fat / protein / carbs etc... are all calculated as you go.

I personally set a target of 1,500 calories a day, with a cheat day per week (to stop body going in to starvation mode and conserve the fat). Once I got down to my ideal weight I up'd calories to 2,000-2,200 a day.

I fell back and now back to 200 lbs or so, so need to lose another stone. Fatigue is driving me nuts - got to get back on this!

Maybe this is the motivation (and Brewsters new lease of life :) ) I need!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  5. BREWSTERS United Kingdom

BREWSTERS Well-Known Member

93kg now - doesn't feel like dieting at all - just feels like this is what I do now.

6. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

Smokers should just become non-smokers
    It's quite simple non-smokers don't smoke.

If you are a smoker and trying to quit you are sending the wrong signals to yourself but if you convince yourself you are a non-smoker, you don't avoid smoking, smoking just isn't an option for a non-smoker.

drinkers just become non-drinkers and gamblers become non-gamblers, it is the signal you send to your own subconscious, but the language must be concise, no if's and but's it has to be I am a non whatever.

7. theonemanyuri

theonemanyuri Active Member

I would suggest anyone losing weight should be training for strength as well, even if it's only tickling some light dumbbells at home. It's beneficial for body and mind, as mentioned you will burn more calories and above all else, once you notice muscles appearing your motivation will increase ten fold. The most important thing that has only been mentioned once or twice is to graze throughout the day, 5 or 6 meals a day minimum. Eating a 2 or 3 meals a day will give you insulin spikes.

boxerdog - Anyone can put on weight. I was 11 stone when I started training and 6'2, despite eating loads. 18 months later I was just short of 16 stone of fairly lean muscle, all natural, no roids, etc. It does take dedication though, I was in the gym at 6am on the free weights before going in to work.

Sorry to thread hijack a little brewsters, good work bud

8. KarlM United Kingdom

KarlM Well-Known Member

I am about to start toning up too.

I find it easy to loose weight just by eating in a calorie deficit and eating the right healthy foods.

This time though i want to get fit at the same time so am going to give p90x a try.

9. BREWSTERS United Kingdom

No prob, it's a discussion.

10. BREWSTERS United Kingdom

91.6kg - not done any exercise since 16th as had a mini op on my leg (veins) so possibly muscle and fat loss - feel a bit sqidgier...back to the exercises tomorrow!

11. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Active Member

I lost about 12kg in half a year.. after I stopped working so hard on it.
    Surprisingly I found that the best way to lose weight for the long term (so you don't just gain back a week later) is by just making some changes to your daily routine. Like not buying any sweets or chocolate, trying to do some physical activity a few times a week. Even small things like parking your car a little further to walk more can have a significant difference.

12. BREWSTERS United Kingdom

87kg - lost 24kg (53lbs). Loss is slowing down now - taking on more protein to avoid losing lean mass.

13. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Nice one mate, that's very good going, keep up the good work :)

My diet bit the dust around November/December after eating mostly salads since June.

I was 14 stone 10lbs in June, got down to 13 stone 8lbs around the end of November/early December, since then I've really lost the plot, I got weighed yesterday and my weight has shot up to 15 stone 1lbs :(

New diet starts again today, on the plus side, I'm currently smoking 16-20 roll-ups per day sine Jan 9th, which is a big drop as I smoked a minimum of 50 per day and closer to 60.

I'm very worried about my other half at the moment as she's lost a lot of weight, she was 10 stone 7lbs in early 2012, she's always been very fit and well toned, has always done light weights, gym, aerobics etc, but since around August she's lost a lot of weight whilst still eating normally. At the moment she weighs only 7 stone 13lbs and it's dropping daily, she's currently having numerous hospital tests, keeping my fingers crossed it isn't something serious.

14. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

15. BREWSTERS United Kingdom

Firstly, I hope your mrs is ok - hope it turns out to be nothing, keep my fingers crossed for you too.

The other thing, as Websaway says, is not to diet but to change the way you eat permanently. If you think you're on a diet you expect to finish that diet at some point. That's why I'd always yo-yo'd - because I was dieting. Now I eat according to what I'll be doing - and I have at least one day a week where I purposely over eat.

It's been easy for me because the last few months I've been living on my own, so I only buy what I want. Before we always had 'treats' in the house (for the kids...oh yeah) and so it was so easy to fall back into eating crap.

Exercise wise, I've just introduced uphill sprints - just 60 metres or so - 5 times with rest inbetween. I'd never have thought it could have so much effect; love it - can feel it nearly all over, and I'm finished in 15 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.