Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

what changed?

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by humble pie, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

You're of course welcome to your unsupported opinion. :) Like I said above, I commented about your rabbit.co.uk sale only because you posted last May telling the forum that you'd purchased it. I felt that it was only fair you gave the forum reader some sort of follow up on your news announcement up one year on given the domain name had sold.

I don't make news announcements about my acquisitions so I feel I have nothing to follow up.

That's because the discussion is about a post you made last May in relation to a domain name you bought and have now sold, not about me. :) Since you haven't answer the basic questions I've asked I'm wondering whether you lost your bottle and were shopping rabbit.co.uk around hoping to find what could be considered a greater fool to take the domain name off your hands. :p

I shared a little more than that in my original post but the fact I've given you a price is of more value to anyone reading than your 87.5% profit figure, or whatever it was, when you won't reveal the price you originally paid. In contrast the price originally paid for the generic, one word .org.uk was wholesale registration fee. With the addition of perhaps 4 renewals (2 years each). Assume a cost of £25. Isn't that 30,000% profit? Over 10 years that's 3,000% profit per year? Correct me if I am mistaken. :)

I'd reveal the domain name but it's one that is very applicable to the original idea behind what a .org.uk is for, is clearly going to do some good based on how it resolves in DNS and I wouldn't wish to interfere with that.

2. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

It isn't unsupported, despite you doing your best to hide everything about yourself on here, you're an open book.

Look at how you comment negatively

You start off hoping/assuming I lost money on it and now it turns out I didn't, I was lucky, desperate and a fool.. :rolleyes:

I can give you answers, clarify the reality, but what will happen then? you will dissect what I've said and still argue for why I was lucky, desperate and a fool.

Nothing in this for me is there?

I'm happy with how it all played out, it was a success as I knew it would be and I will use it as a stepping stone.

The end

3. invincible

"hoping" is entirely invented by you. I did assume (but didn't know) that you probably had to sell it low because of the buyer being AB and not the end user you more than likely would have hoped for. Then we went through the charade of you pretending to us that you'd made a loss, which I said I was sorry to hear. If I hadn't been sorry I wouldn't have typed it. Then eventually you told us you'd made all that up and had actually profited, so I congratulated you, which I also wouldn't have typed if I didn't mean it, but exclaimed that it's disappointing that you won't reveal the financial amounts.

I don't think you can complain about my commentary about a news posting you originally made, or asking you questions because of it. :)

No idea until it happens.

I guess it comes down to whether you would like to tell the forum readership as a follow up from your post of last May, as I'm certain some readers would be interested.

I'm pleased that you managed to sell/offload/pass-on the domain name and hope you genuinely did profit from it. I have a feeling that, with the benefit of hindsight, if you were able to purchase that domain name today for the same money as you paid last year you probably wouldn't. It's not a domain name I'd have likely touched due to the TM's so hopefully AB knows more than I do in respect of a profitable future for that domain name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. bonusmedia

bonusmedia Well-Known Member

pedantry.co.uk £50

5. ian

ian Well-Known Member

Wonder if troll.co.uk is up for sale!

6. newguy United Kingdom

newguy Well-Known Member

rabbit.co.uk certainly sparked a lot of rabbiting :-D.

7. invincible

How about [passed] hotpotato.co.uk ? ;)

(from iPhone)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.