Domain Manage

What makes a name good

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by domainmonster, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domainmonster

domainmonster Member

Nov 2007

I'm still new to domain names and only started buying as i built my 1st website for my own business and got highly addicted!!!

I now have well over 100 domains for no apparent reason and with no real idea of what makes a great domain.

Example I live in Cumbria and a local fair Crab Fair which is home of the World Gurning Championships is held in a small town not too far away.

I bought the domain as i thought it would make a good website. But is the actual domain rubbish except to someone who also lives near?

I also have which i thought was a great domain but again it dosen't seem to be.

Can someone explain in laymens terms what a good domain name would be and why, whilst apprasing the above domains if possible:p

I have had an offer of £1000 for the from someone local though so thats probably gonna go! (but this was in a pub after a few shandy's)
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

ScottJ Well-Known Member

Nov 2005
    A good domain is one that an end user would find desirable and be prepared to pay money for rather than seek out other alternative available domains, or a domain that is product based & searched for.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.