Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

whats it worth : 3gvideochat.com ?

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by cbjim, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbjim United Kingdom

cbjim Member

Hi All

i have 3gvideochat.com listed at sedo - got a bid thread going - it's reached $1500 so far - i've never sold a .com (have sold .co.uk's) so i dont know what they go for...

can anyone give me an idea what technology .com's go for on average?

Cheers guys

Jim

2. aqls

aqls Well-Known Member

Hi cbjim,

.coms seem to be going for some unpredictably high figures, (some of it I'm sure with ulterior laundering motive).

FlashGames.com $226,950
    WhatIsMyIP.com $386,100
    voip.de $25,000 (.de)

and we've had some discussion on this forum of people being scammed by 419 crooks who overpay for the domain, so be careful.

I'm sure the useage of sedo escrow will protect you a bit from that sort of hassle.

My opinion as follows:

3G is ok now but will be superseded by 4g and various other technologies in the next few years.

video is an old term but may still be a good one to describe visual or camcorder chat (having trouble describing it any other way!)

So I think it's a good domain for someone who is in that business.

The domain is specific, technical, has 3 words/terms and quite long in terms of letters.

It contains 3g which isn't a word and not many people in my opinion would specifically search for that "sort" of video chat. Users would probably search for mobile video or video chat or that sort of thing.

So I think the person bidding for it is probably a seller of that service or someone closely involved in that business, rather than a traffic domainer or domain reseller. (I may be horribly wrong on this!).

Comparable domains are still available that they may be considering.
    cellvideochat.com
    cellphonevideochat.com
    mobilephonevideochat.com

3g-video-chat.com, 4gvideochat.com and 4g-video-chat.com are still available and you might consider buying them (and the above) and offering as part of the package to help you get more out of it.

If $1,500 is their first bid then they are serious about buying it. Or if they've been quite quick to get there that is also an indication that they're serious about buying it.

Given the availability of the alternatives I don't think that the demand is huge for this domain and so would consider it quite lucky that you've found a buyer.

As for value, I would put it higher than $1,500 but not above say $4,500. But maybe more if you sell them the package as above.

Just my opinion.

-aqls-

3. cbjim United Kingdom

cbjim Member

thanks for your response, they have taken a few days to get there, from a first bid of $200!

I also have the .co.uk version of the domain, but, yes i should think about the others maybe!

i was just wondering whether i should hold out for more - i was thinking around the 4-5000 mark

4. wwwdomain.name

wwwdomain.name Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.