Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Which rank better .co.uk or .org.uk etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

Is it the case that a domain name with the prefix of .co.uk will rank better than all the other uk tld's

Please let me hear your views

Suffix, not prefix. :)
There are many more factors that influence ranking but UK people returning to your site are more likely to type '***.co.uk' even if the domain name ended .org.uk/etc purely from habit.

agreed with the others. We carried out some tests and saw very similar patterns with both .org.uk and .co.uk. In the same tests we had same domains but hyphenated and they showed a considerable reduction in the EMD effect. We are about to carry out a couple of tests on .me.uk and see how they cope. Does anyone have any experience with these?

agreed with the others. We carried out some tests and saw very similar patterns with both .org.uk and .co.uk. In the same tests we had same domains but hyphenated and they showed a considerable reduction in the EMD effect. We are about to carry out a couple of tests on .me.uk and see how they cope. Does anyone have any experience with these?

This .me.uk seems to be a good example.... http://www.grand-national.me.uk/

Always page 1 on G for grand national!

Re .co.uk / .org.uk ... Both should rank the same, but people are more likely to click on a .co.uk .... although .org.uk is getting more 'kudos' and as times change and people build more 'informational' sites rather than directly monetised, .org.uk will increase in popularity.

This .me.uk seems to be a good example.... http://www.grand-national.me.uk/

Always page 1 on G for grand national!

Re .co.uk / .org.uk ... Both should rank the same, but people are more likely to click on a .co.uk .... although .org.uk is getting more 'kudos' and as times change and people build more 'informational' sites rather than directly monetised, .org.uk will increase in popularity.

So a hyphenated domain and .me.uk! That's interesting.

It is, but if you do a direct comparison to grandnational.org.uk which is a few spaces under the grand-national.me.uk you will notice that their link profiles are vastly different. i.e grand-national.me.uk has over 7 times more links than grandnational.org.uk which could explain the higher position but to be honest there are so many other factors that its just a guess.

If you’re going to do traditional forms of advertising radio etc then org me.. are defiantly less known to the general public and many will naturally look, type com or co,uk So all other things equal the co uk and com would tend to win out in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom