Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who decides what .goes.here.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I really am a novice when it comes to domains so this is probably a stupid question but there are always these different styles of domains coming out. Just wondered if someone could give me an insight on them (i.e. best, worst, oldest, newest, avoid, must-have, benefits, disadvantages, etc)

The reason I ask is that I have taken over as a web developer / SEO guy from someone who has been working on some projects for several years and then left the company. I have ZERO experience in my new job role and am just trying to build up a bit of knowledge before diving in at the deep end.

I assume that your .com was the original player and consequently the "best" type of domain to own but what about all these new domains? Who or what decides there should be a .name or a .me.uk and are these of any value? :confused:

Hi,
briefly

.com are most expensive and worldwide, also very hard to come by any decent ones.

.co.uk are the best UK extension, personally if i ever run a UK based internet business i would always choose a co.uk over a .com. I think they will keep rising in value, especially the better names.

.org.uk becoming more popular but still no where near the co.uk in value. however, i find .org.uk very search engine friendly so for me i am quite happy to use them.

.me.uk the weakest of the better known uk extensions but again, if you are looking for search engine results they do work well.

These are really the only names i deal with as most of my sites are UK based and these are only my opinions in brief.

Hope this helps a bit

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Gives me something to work on.

I have got a .co.uk and .org.uk to work on with keywords in the domain so that's a good start.

I checked the .com sites and as you say they have all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom