Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Why do I have so many accounts?

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by MatthewB, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthewB

MatthewB Member

When I go into nominet and click on 'Log into the online service' and log in .. it gives me the option to log into numerous different accounts.. each with a single domain that I own in there.

I was looking to change my email address for my account, and for my contact details .. but now I'm a bit confused?

I register my domains with 123-Reg .. have I done something wrong, or is it meant to be like that?

Thanks for any help.

2. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

@ Matthew, if all of your domains are registered with 123-reg, when you log into one of your domain accounts, on the first page after logging in, click the link on the top menu bar called Merge Accounts, you can then move all the 123-reg domains in to that single account, and get rid of the big drop down list of multiple accounts, am I glad I did that.

3. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

It's because 123-reg aren't using Nominets new system as it was intended and are creating a new Nominet account for every domain you register rather than assigning new registrations to one of your existing accounts.

Grant

4. MatthewB

MatthewB Member

Thank you very much, resolved this problem of mine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.