Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Why does it matter

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by grandin, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandin United Kingdom

grandin Well-Known Member

I read the mercer appeal and the following comment stood out:-

'The Complaint failed simply because the Panel was not satisfied that the Complainant's trade mark is as broadly known in the UK as the Complainant thinks it is'

If you analyse this statement you soon realise that there is no reasoning behind it....I think the experts have lost the plot.

Are they trying to say, in a round the houses way, that the complaint failed because the name mercer belongs to many therefore not one entity can have unequivocal rights to the name?

I really don't get it

Lee

2. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Since you've raised it, I think you should email the members of the panel and ask for clarification. If they reply, perhaps you can relay their responses on here. That way you, and anyone else interested, might gain a better understanding of their reasoning. :mrgreen:

3. grandin United Kingdom

grandin Well-Known Member

interesting

interesting idea....very clever invincible

they would have a duty to inform...in between other duties i will proceed to engage the experts starting with directing my questions at the most qualified .... qc

in the meantime answer this rubic cube.....

You do not breach the contract but the contract is cancelled without your consent

Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.