Domain Manage

_co_uk Wikipedia UK

Discussion in 'Domain Name Offers Invited' started by edd2000uk, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edd2000uk

edd2000uk (3) Active Member Known Trader

Hello,

Please make an offer if you are intersted in WikipediaUK.co.uk. This domain has a massive 60,500 exact Google monthly searches for the keywords: Wikipedia UK.

Please PM any offers.

Many Thanks,
    Ed

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. wb United Kingdom

wb (35) Well-Known Member Trusted Trader

I wonder which website/domain those people are looking for when they search... :rolleyes:

4. edd2000uk

Thats true but it will still get traffic if developed. ;)

5. philiporchard United Kingdom

philiporchard (17) Well-Known Member Trusted Trader

Spend some time reading articles on this forum, and you'll soon get an idea of which domains have value, and which domains aren't worth buying, because no one wants to buy them...

6. edd2000uk

Thanks for your advice, I can see from your join dates (WB and PHILIPORCHARD) you've been doing this for a while whereas I'm new to this. However the domain is here and does have a high amount of searches, I know there are other factors which is why I've put it for offers rather than setting an inflated price so I can learn as I go along. So if anyone is interested please PM with your offer or help me out with how you would value it. P.s whilst I do value advice as I'm learning perhaps a PM may have been more appropriate, I am trying to sell after all and a comment saying nobody will want to buy it is not particularly helpful on the thread whether it's true or not.

7. aZooZa

aZooZa (72) Well-Known Member Exclusive Member Trusted Trader

8. edd2000uk

Thanks for the comments and advice. Point taken and I'll learn from it. Domain withdrawn. Please close the thread admin.

• Like Like x 2
  9. wb United Kingdom

Just so you know, you can actually cancel the domain early by logging in to your Nominet control panel

10. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug (37) Well-Known Member Trusted Trader

Well done mate, this is what I like to see, a newbie heading advice instead of arguing like the bunch of pricks we have had on here before who think they know better.

Good on you mate and good luck with domaining, keep at it.

ps. Green rep added :cool:

11. edd2000uk

Thanks done (cancel wikipediauk).

Just so I know for future reference if, for example, I find a good domain which has a .com site already in use in another country but the other main extensions are free is there a problem with using these? Not an obvious household name but something generic.

As an example I have selfmagazine.co.uk, .org and .info. However the .com is in use for a US site which forwards it to self.com . Does the same issue apply in this instance or am I ok to develop or sell this?

Thanks in advance,
    Ed

12. wb United Kingdom

Registering a domain when other extensions are taken is generally fine, however the magazine example you gave isn't really a generic and could be seen as an abusive registration. Personally I wouldn't try developing or selling it.

A better example of a magazine related domain which is generic/descriptive would be something like Magazine Subscription (hope Mally doesn't mind the free backlink ;)).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.