Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wish.co.uk story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
pretty sure wish.co.uk owner is an acorner
sure I saw someone mention they bought on here when sale was reported
great domain

anyway, i know a few others enjoy domainsherpa too, just seen this vid interview come out, plan to watch later after had a coffee to wake me up as bit sleepy
look forward to it, looks good

thought would be very much of interest and inspiring to all acorners
http://www.domainsherpa.com/wish-interview/

enjoy biatches

Yes one of them is a long established affiliate and domainer and posts here, I'll let them reveal who they are if they want to!

Anyway, I had a listen, and I agree that Wish.co.uk is a great domain which they acquired at a good price of £7.5k. Super brandable and memorable, I think they picked a beauty and will now be taking on established players on the strength of their domain and easy branding.

The interview also has some nice discussion about conversion rate optimisation tools.

Rgds

They were pretty public with the idea, so massive congratulations to you Richard!

Human nature shocks me every day. Who in the hell thinks that people pay for nonsense like tank driving on cars or shooting zombie costumed other people in a crisis-crippled economy. It is indeed quality nonsense.

Human nature shocks me every day. Who in the hell thinks that people pay for nonsense like tank driving on cars or shooting zombie costumed other people in a crisis-crippled economy. It is indeed quality nonsense.

haven't seen vid yet, but in answer to that, simple about human nature......
escapism

same way I'm 'Trisha' on a tuesday lol

good post.

the power of good, single word, memorable domains must surely grow as launching companies seek to stand out from the crowd - who needs experiencedays/co/uk..

pretty sure wish.co.uk owner is an acorner
sure I saw someone mention they bought on here when sale was reported
great domain

anyway, i know a few others enjoy domainsherpa too, just seen this vid interview come out, plan to watch later after had a coffee to wake me up as bit sleepy
look forward to it, looks good

thought would be very much of interest and inspiring to all acorners
http://www.domainsherpa.com/wish-interview/

enjoy biatches

@Julian, I did try to buy ExperienceDays.com a few years ago for a similar project when it was but a parked domain, but I now agree with your take.

I think the best idea is to have your brand, and then point the descriptive generics to it. For every person typing experiencedays.com in directly must be worth 50,000 who buy a car magazine and those are full of ads for 'experience days'. How much does an eighth of a page cost in Car I wonder?

That's great guys congrats. Its always nice to hear a story like this, very inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom