Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wish.co.uk inteview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else watched it Richard Kershaw has just done a follow up interview about wish.co.uk and his recent purchase of digital.com on domainsherpa

http://www.domainsherpa.com/richard-kershaw-digital-interview/

Interesting watch they touch on switching .uk a bit, affiliate marketing and generally what its like to make such a big purchase

I think he got a real bargain with digital.com has any one else watched it

Thanks for the heads up. I met Richard once at an an affiliate evening and he's a good chap.

Rgds

Site sponsor, what can he do (apart from not accept their money in the first place). Worth listening to the rest of the interview though, very interesting.

I stopped watching about 20 seconds in, as he got into lying about Estibot in that advert.

Lol they actually talked about esitbot part way through think Richard said its useful to get some quick stats google wise but no one takes the prices seriously I'm sure the sponsors loved that

Site sponsor, what can he do (apart from not accept their money in the first place). Worth listening to the rest of the interview though, very interesting.

Not take adverts from such shit sites which are setting out to deceive users ?

Lol they actually talked about esitbot part way through think Richard said its useful to get some quick stats google wise but no one takes the prices seriously I'm sure the sponsors loved that

:lol:

Great interview and great post. Not sure if he was a millionaire before the purchase but he most certainly is now. Who dares wins right.

I think it was a fantastic buy for many reasons and looking forward to seeing what Richard does with the domain.

Anyone got any links to other such 'case study' type interviews? I love them

Interesting read, thanks. I'll have to try and remember to come back to this thread at some point to see what he actually does with the name!

What would you do with such a name? It's an odd one, as it sounds like a great name, but when you think of practical uses, it's a struggle. If it's a one stop shop for digital marketing, it's a winner...

It's a ready-made, authoritative, world-wide 'brand in a box', looks like a good price to me

Thanks all for the kind words, the good people of Acorn Domains taught me a great deal about domains over the years (mostly lurking).

Well put, Edwin. As I said:

“I think the biggest factor about having a domain like that, alongside all the other benefits -it’s memorable, it’s easy to spell and so on – is the fact that it lets us punch above our weight. So if we’re looking to sponsor something, or if we’re looking to work with another company, or even from the customer’s point of view, having a domain like Wish.co.uk adds a lot of legitimacy to the brand that we wouldn’t have if we had a relatively generic brand name.”

Max99X - DomainSherpa has lots of tremendous domainer interviews, I think Mixergy has a few too. I also love this book:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Domain-Game-David-Kesmodel/dp/1436332281/ref=nosim?tag=acorn06-21

Last edited:
“I think the biggest factor about having a domain like that, alongside all the other benefits -it’s memorable, it’s easy to spell and so on – is the fact that it lets us punch above our weight. So if we’re looking to sponsor something, or if we’re looking to work with another company, or even from the customer’s point of view, having a domain like Wish.co.uk adds a lot of legitimacy to the brand that we wouldn’t have if we had a relatively generic brand name.”

I'm a massive fan of this approach. But along with it I'd say go with a great web design too (not saying you didn't, as archive.org is breaking the css on old versions so I've no idea what yours looked like on launch).

A great looking website on a great domain just gives you instant credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom