Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

WordPress help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm trying to upload an image to a post and I get the following error message...

"Unable to create directory /home/al04sb08/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2008/12. Is its parent directory writable by the server?"

Can anyone advise me what to do?

Any help greatly appreciated.

The clue is in the error message :)

When you install WP, by default there is no "uploads" directory.

So first of all you need to create one (in the wp-content directory).

Then you need to make it writeable by the webserver - how you do this depends on your webserver/OS.

Easy :mrgreen:

Terry, if you haven't solved your problem yet...

With your FTP program connect to your hosting account where you have WordPress installed.

Click on the folder named wp-content in your root directory, you probably need to click on the folder public_html to find the wp-content folder.

If you don't see a folder named uploads within the folder w-content create it using your FTP program.
Just click on the folder icon, if you use SmartFTP it's a folder icon with a little red star, click on it and name that folder "uploads".

Or right click and select an option called create folder or something of that nature, depending on the software you're using.

Then click on the folder named uploads and right click, from the right click menu select properties, make sure the settings are set to 777

That should take care of your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom