Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

WP help please

Discussion in 'Content Management Systems' started by Systreg, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

I started making a new WP site and went to make a post, but on the home page but it isn't formatted, all the text is lumped together without paragraph breaks etc

When I'm in WP and writing the post, if I highlight text and then click to make it bold or italic, it shows it in the box as bolded or italicised etc, but when I click publish, it comes out on the home page without any formatting.

If I then click the post link or the "read more" link on the home page, that takes me to the page where the post comes out correctly formatted.

Any idea how to fix this so it shows correctly on the home page? Non techy answers please :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

Genesis uses a lot of its own hooks so may be a pain to troubleshot see if theres an option to display full post rather than excerpts from the theme settings might fix things

3. The Ferryman United Kingdom

The Ferryman Active Member

On the front page there is a class called standard hentry
    Should that be standard entry maybe?
    Regards
    Bruce

4. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Well-Known Member

That's how it's supposed (been coded) to look. Exerpts on all themes usually strip out the formatting.

You could try displaying <the_content> rather than <the_excerpt> which should sort it but agree that it will probably be a pain to sort on Genesis

5. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Ahhhh, thanks, as soon as I saw the word excerpts above, I had an idea of where it might be, I went to widgets where I have to add things as "Genesis featured posts", the settings there are:

show content
    show content limit
    show excerpt
    no content

I had it set to "show content limit" and had it set to 2000 characters, I've changed that to "show content" and it now formats correctly on the home page, thanks for the help :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.