Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Announcing the New, Improved Sedo Parking Program!

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by sedo, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sedo Germany

sedo Sedo Staff

Announcing the New, Improved Sedo Parking Program!

Better earnings, more detailed statistics, and website-like page layouts add up to more money for you!

Based upon the tremendous success of our professional domain parking program, SedoPro, we will be introducing a number of upgrades and improvements to the Sedo Parking Program over the coming weeks. New features to look for include:

More detailed statistical tools: Sort your domains into portfolios for quicker analysis. Find out where your visitors are coming from and where they’re clicking on your pages. Identify domains needing optimization, and view trends in your portfolio performance.

Website-like page layouts: Help make your visitors feel at home with one of four colorful new page designs. Select matching photos to customize the look and feel of your parking pages.

Better earnings: First, we’re now passing more of the earnings on to you. Sure, this means less revenue for us, but we’re hoping you’ll tell your friends about all of the money you’re making with Sedo parking, so they’ll park with us too! Second, we’re now using a new feed from our advertising provider, which will impact both CTR and CPC for many keywords. Although our tests show that the new feed performs better overall, some tens of thousands of keywords will perform better than on our existing feed, and a small number will perform worse. Thus, you’ll want to double-check your optimization to make sure that you’ve picked the most relevant keyword possible, and follow the advice in our Guide to Choosing Money-Making Keywords.

Most of the new features will be launched this week, but the shift to the new advertiser feed will be gradually phased in over the coming weeks. Thus, you may see some dramatic fluctuations in your parking revenue over the next couple of weeks. Please don’t panic! Although there will be a bit of an adjustment period, we know that the new feed does earn more money—and we will be passing even more of it on to you than we do now. So make sure to double-check that your keywords are focused, relevant, highly-commercial terms. It may take a few adjustments of keyword to find the right fit for each of your domains. If in doubt, please don’t hesitate to contact Sedo Support at [email protected]

Kind regards,
    Nora Cotter
    [email protected]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  2. wwwdomain.name

wwwdomain.name Well-Known Member

Sedo

I love this stuff...

'Life is all about choices:
    Success in life is simply - making the right choices'...

You guys (and gals) just get better...

Well done Sedo!!!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  3. paravan

paravan Member

Do you plan to give partners a choice to "select" ads on their domain parking pages. I think keyword optimization is only the halfway to get the maximum benefit out of domain parking. I actually know what the visitors are searching but there are alot of other unrelated ads on my domain names. I am talking about a hybrid parking (PPC + affiliate)(circa Paravan 2006) :)

For example I always get ebay or ask.com or kelkoo even though the header of the ad is wiritng something related but the advertisers are not related.

Did you get what I mean?

4. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

This will always happen while ebay affiliates and the likes of kelkoo are bidding on the keywords that your page is displaying, even though they have little to do with the actual terms once you visit the site. I was searching for sheffield supertram timetables earlier on google and the first advert was from expedia with the title 'Sheffield Supertram Timetable' clicking the link took me to the expedia homepage with jack all info on timetables or trams!

Grant

5. paravan

paravan Member

I did not click on my domain ads, but I don't think the domain in issue could get something sellable at ebay.com

6. Azam.net

Azam.net Active Member

This is a wonderful development and hats off to Sedo. The new parking section looks nice.

The previews don't work and neither do the changes we've made to the parking pages. Still showing old Sedo pages. When do you envisage the new pages will go live please?

7. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Report them then, as ads have to directly reflect the content of the page - or at least that's what I thought. Click 'did you find this ad useful' and write, no because when I got there, they didn't have what they advertised.

8. sedo Germany

sedo Sedo Staff

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We dont' plan to add affiliate content in the near future, but we have plans to continue developing all aspects of the parking programme and other services.
    We're working on ironing out any issues today, so if you see anything amiss, please feel free to let us know at [email protected]!
    Thanks again for your feedback and support,
    Your Sedo Team
    [email protected]

9. retired_member9

retired_member9 Retired Member

I like Sedo's announcements way:

1. Anounce new available features, with their detailed descriptions and how to find them.
    2. All users go excited and start to look for the features.
    3. After a while, users realize additions aren't really present.
    4. Sedo starts to slowly roll-in, doing one at a time while fixing numerous
    bugs occured.

So finally, can see new templates today.
    Hope to see picture editing tomorrow =)

Overall, I always happy for changes and EPC seem to be really on the rise..

10. retired_member11

retired_member11 Retired Member

So is there anything in it for SedoPro account holders - I haven't read the release in detail. Is it going to mean more earnings potential?

11. charlie United Kingdom

charlie Well-Known Member

yeah i agree - i cant see anything neew at the moment. Is there something i need to be looking at?

i'm always sceptical of release rises been a fruit machine gambler i know when they got new machines the payouts would be unusually high for the first couple of months :D - looking forward to the evdience of these changes.

12. Azam.net

Azam.net Active Member

They've just started working today and, wow, these new pages are absolutely amazing. The old pages looked like PPC Parking pages, they new ones look like content. A couple of examples are this and this.

Would be even better if (a) we could upload our own pics and (b) could customise the meta-tags. The current ones don't do much:

Code:
    <title>Sedoparking.com  - conservatorysonline.com info. This website is for sale!</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <meta name="description" content="" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="" />

Keep up the good work Sedo :)

13. paul

paul Well-Known Member

Anybody else seeing a massive jump in earnings?

I'm 100% up on my best day ever and it's only 2pm :cool:

14. charlie United Kingdom

are these new pages on the configuration screen drop down - because i dont have them - got all the normal ones as my choices :(

15. retired_member9

retired_member9 Retired Member

Shows you didn't try your portfolio with other parking programs =)

There were many keywords where Sedo was underpaying..

16. sedo Germany

sedo Sedo Staff

Hi guys,
    Thanks again for all your feedback! It's great that you are pleased with the changes. We're really excited to get this online and it's just one of many improvements we're making behind the scenes and on the front end over the coming weeks.

To access the new Sedo Parking, all you need to do is log into your Sedo account and click Sedo Parking in the "my sedo" menu. The old Sedo parking is marked as "old".
    So - the front page is an overview which allows you to pick from a range of performance reports - not just for the entire portfolio, but also for individual domains or a selection of domains! You can even export the stats as a CSV file or an Excel file! You can view up to 200 domains per page and there's a link to the new Sedo Optimizer page there too.

Next up is the new Sedo Optimizer. It's the second domain in the menu on the left hand side and is also quick linked from the other pages. Here, we've provided some guides as downloadable PDFs (eg. How To Choose Money-Making Keywords). These will help you choose the best keywords to really take advantage of our new dynamic pricing system!
    Again, you can choose any selection of domains etc.

Here is where it REALLY gets interesting:
    You can change keywords, choose one of the great content-rich new layouts, add one of the 250 photos available, preview your choice on the page etc. You can apply changes to individual names, a complete portfolio or your entire list. Clicking on the "i" icon brings you to the...

Details page! We've featured a graph (bar or line:) so you can see a quick overview of a domain's/portfolio's performance as well as drop down menus for views, clicks, CTR, EPC, RPM etc., etc. You can see where your traffic is coming from and view keyword details.

More info to come! If you need any help with the new stats or have questions or any remaining bugs **whoops** to report, please drop us a line
    Many greetings!
    Your Sedo Team
    [email protected]

17. sedo Germany

sedo Sedo Staff

Hi,
    update:
    Preview error - fixed!
    Thanks,
    Nora at Sedo

18. wwwdomain.name

wwwdomain.name Well-Known Member

Just on one domain, had a jump from 0.12 to 3.50...
    That's a click... :p CTR is over 60% for it too...

I ain't touching nothing.... lol

Awesome Sedo...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  19. charlie United Kingdom

When i change any of the photo settings it automatically re-adjusts to
    uncateogized

I doubt this is right?
    Thanks

is that only the 4 that include the photo retro and phoneix
    would really like some others since you have 5 million domains parked :mrgreen:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  20. Azam.net

Azam.net Active Member

There's a lot of bugs. For example, the images are not currently showing even though they were before.

But what I wanted to say was a big thank you to Sedo once again. Yesterday I doubled my earnings!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.