20i Reseller Hosting

Registrar Conference has been postponed

Discussion in 'Nominet Tag Holders' started by Stephen, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen United Kingdom

Stephen Well-Known Member

Or maybe not!

Or maybe not!

Seasons Greetings to all.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Since your proposed "absolute pairing forever" suggestion doesn't look like it will be the eventual outcome, given the recent announcements from Nominet, what do you suggest should happen to prevent buyer and seller not mentioning the .uk, a seller negotiating the sale of a .co.uk with a buyer and then registering the .uk themselves minutes before transferring just the .co.uk? I assume you don't think it should just be left to solicitors and buyer beware?

4. Stephen United Kingdom

Stephen Well-Known Member

not left to just solicitors and buyer beware

100% Pairing is not going to happen, only tinkering around the edges of the Nominet .uk solution by Nominet themselves is going to happen.

No, I don't think it should be left to just solicitors and buyer beware.

I think that Nominet should try to act to minimize the problem by considering the situation when ;
    • producing the marketing / awareness campaign for .uk which Nominet have promised
    • building the tool which states which domain has the rights to .uk - having a health warning about buying .co.uk without making it clear about .uk rights
    • when a .co.uk transfer of ownership is done - provide details of what the position is of the rights to the .uk equivalent domain before the .co.uk is transferred, so if there is an issue they can go back to the seller before completing the contract

Also Sedo the UK's largest and Domainlore the UK's best domain selling websites may also provide some assistance to the buyer, in communicating exactly what they are buying and what they are not.

If the domain industry is ever going to shake of the image of cyber squatters, then I believe an effort should be made to minimize the effect of the situation described in previous posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.