Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

1&1 demanding passwords on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Recently sold a domain on Sedo which is close to its expiry date so Sedo are saying I have to extend it before transferring it to them. Expires 7/10/10.

1&1 tell me its impossible to extend it until the expiry date when they will automatically extend it for 1 year. Seems stupid, other registrars let you add a year on at any time.

Got passed to their billing people as the tech support thought it might be "negotiable" with them. Didn't get very far as the lady kept demanding my password. I asked if it was a telephone password (maybe I'd forgotten) and she told me that i had to tell her my login and password for the 1&1 site or they couldn't discuss the account

It just doesn't seem right. I've never heard of any company demanding to know the customer's password on the phone.

She then gave me the same story, that it would be extended on 7th Oct and not before...

Thankfully I've transferred most of my stuff away from 1&1 a long time ago but I've unfortunately still got a few things left there.

Anyone else had this experience?

i think this is pretty normal for 1and1 depending on what you want to talk about with them. my friend was transferring away a .com domain from them to another company and they asked for the login details then too.

i use 1and1 and have had no problem transferring domains to and from them, without paying for any extra time. sometimes the answer i get to a query doesnt address the question i ask. in those cases i resend the query and ask for a specific reply to the question. overall, though i find 1and1 to be one of the better host servers. sorry for your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom