Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

1 & 1 new transfer document

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Have just received a message from Sedo that a transferred domain to 1&1 (SCHLUND) on a recent .co.uk sale, that they wil not accept a .co.uk domain into the new owners account until I provide a signed document agreeing to the transfer.

This may be something to do with another security thread about 300 domains being hickjacked.

But if this is going to happen what a drawn out process and extra admin for .co.uk sales?

Last edited:
Surely the Domain gets transferred into their legal ownership at the Nominet level, then it is their domain and nothing to do with you or where they decide to host it. They can do a Nominet WHOIS to validate the new owner.

I would refuse.

Admin

I had an issue last week with a transfer that failed into a 1&1 account, so now I will specify it going forward when instructing buyers. The buyer processed the transfer via Nominet, but nothing changed (the domain was still in my Nominet account, in my name) and 5 days later Nominet informed me the transfer failed because "The new registrant was unable to complete the transfer of these domain names as their chosen registrar did not accept the domain names onto their tag. We have informed the intended new registrant of this." and refunded me the transfer fee.

Last edited:
If one Registrar refuses to accept an incoming domain, there are other Registrars. I don't hesitate to vote with my feet when a service provider is making things unnecessarily diffilcult. Life's too short! :cool:

Last edited:
BTW, when I find a buyer is having problems, I recommend DomainMonster (TAG: MONSTER) to them - I find they're "good enough" that I'm not worried about suggesting them.

I've had 2 of these now (private sales, not through Sedo), the main problem is that when 1&1 get the handshake request they don't appear to be informing the person requesting the transfer of what they need to do, so the domain sits in limbo for 5 days until the transfer times out.

Major pain in the ass for buyers and sellers, will be moaning to Nominet about it in the morning!

Grant

1&1 seem to have no idea what they're doing. This registrant transfer/TAG change has gone through Nominet and is waiting for 1&1 to accept the handshake. After initiating the transfer in at 1&1 my current buyer has been sent this email which asks that the current owner (me) completes the attached form requesting a TAG change and send it to the current registrar.

Not only that, it still mentions the old Nominet transfer method of buyer/seller completing transfer forms which is totally confusing for the buyer:

Dear Mr ###,

You have ordered a change of provider for the domain

###.co.uk

to

1&1 Internet Ltd. (order number: ###)

In order for this to be carried out, the domain owner / Admin-C needs to arrange with the former provider for the domain "TAG" to be changed. A TAG indicates the responsible registrar. In the case of domains ordered by "1and1.co.uk", "SCHLUND" (please note spelling in caps) is the responsible registrar.

Please find attached the form as a PDF file, which you can use to change the TAG. Please fill in the necessary information and send it to your former provider. If you are unable to open the PDF file, click on this to download a free version Acrobat Reader:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html.

Once the TAG has been changed and we are hosting the domain, the domain will automatically be updated.

If any personal details of the domain owner need to be changed, or if the domain has to be registered under a new owner, please communicate the changes in writing. Please note that failure to do so may lead to inconsistencies between data held on our database and data stored on the WHOIS database.

Please note that any change of domain ownership (transfers) has to be made directly with NOMINET. A charge of £10 plus VAT applies for the transfer of the domain name and has to be paid directly to NOMINET.

To transfer a domain name, both parties will need to complete a transfer form and send NOMINET a confirmatory letter. The transfer form and other important information regarding transfer procedure are available on the NOMINET website at http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/transfer

This transfer procedure also applies to any changes of company names. For further information see:
http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/changedetails/

After the transfer has been initiated, we will inform you about the progress of this action. Please contact us if you require any further information or visit our FAQ site:
http://faq.1and1.co.uk/guide_to_using_and_troubleshooting_domain_names/6.html

Best Regards

Your 1&1 Internet Ltd. Team

Idiots!

Grant

Last edited:
Some registrars CHARGE for incoming transfers. I'm not sure if 1&1 is one of them. Money for nothing, as there's no need when it comes to .co.uk names.

Some registrars CHARGE for incoming transfers. I'm not sure if 1&1 is one of them. Money for nothing, as there's no need when it comes to .co.uk names.

AFAIK 1&1 don't charge. It's laughable, the TAG change has been done already, the only reaosn it hasn't updated yet is because 1&1 have changed the handshake options on their TAG and havent accepted it themselves.

Total confusion for anyone not familiar with what they're doing.

Grant

Nominet are now dealing with this fiasco. Unless you enjoy a headache and wastng your time I'd advise your buyers to avoid transferring to 1&1 for now!

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom