Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

13th Transition update from Nominet

Reaction score
So, today Nominet advise today that the 10 / 11 / 12 th will use the existing lifecycle.

Therefore you can continue to add drops right upto the 12th Sept here.

A bit ambiguous, but they also say :
"Depending on the domain that is due to drop and at what time, when we refer to 3 days with no drops, there will be some on the 13th, the whole of 14th, 15th and then some on the 16th. I would advise to view the drop list when it is published on the 13th as that will show when the next drop will take place."

Do they mean the whole of 14/15 have no drops or all drops ?

Cheers
Bill

DropCatch / Alive Auctions

Very poorly written, but my understanding is no drops on the 14th or 15th because of the extended lifecycle.

Very poorly written, but my understanding is no drops on the 14th or 15th because of the extended lifecycle.

agreed, but that was my 3rd attampt at getting an answer that was even remotely connected to the question !

ll try again !

Cheers
Bill

I'm with you on this, Bill. They have been very ambiguous. In fact at times it feels almost evasive. I've had no email back after asking them for some clarity regarding the whole thing or even when asking for any information at all on it.

Hi Ben,

its a real pain trying to get firm answers, they glide around support until someone picks it up and answers who thinks they know something about it..

As it stands, the 13th to the 15th inclusive is still very grey, with advice from 'some random may drop' but failed to say from 92 days or 95 days...

Guess well just have to face the music in a week !!

Cheers

Bill

Heres the latest Nominet answer...

any ideas ? anyone ?

Hi Bill,

I hope you’re well.

My colleague has tried to reach out to you via phone call this afternoon to clear up any confusion with regards to your recent email around the expiring domains process and to have clarity on some questions on this.

Firstly, let me apologise for the confusion caused and I will answer the questions in this email.

Currently, our lifecycle process is 91 days and domains are then scheduled to drop at random times once they have entered the queue and the deletion may occur on the 92nd day. This current process will continue up until the point in which we release our new process on the 13th September.

There will be some domains that are scheduled for cancellation that will not have dropped at the point of release on the 13th September, these will reset to the new lifecycle after the release.

Domains which are 92 days past the expiry that were scheduled to drop on the 13th, but have been reset to the new lifecycle, will still be 92 days past expiry. This means that in the new lifecycle they are 2 days into the 5 day pending delete period.

Due to the addition of the 5 day pending delete period, no domains will be due to drop on the 13th (after release), 14th or the 15th September. This is because the 5 day pending delete is an addition and the earliest point a domain could reach its drop time after being reset in the new lifecycle is on the 16th September.

I hope this has helped clear up any confusion. Please let me know if you have any questions. Many thanks.

So are they saying that there’s no drops until the 16th at all? Or that domains that are due to drop on the 13th won’t drop until the 16th????

um.... I cant make head or tail of it...

Ive had another massage from Nominet says , refer to the drop lists published on the day... I hope they mean published at 0001 on the same day..

Sounds like a bag of badgers...

I would encourage you to ask this on the official forum.
Members of the product team are more responsive there and any explanation given will be available for all to read, this way they won't have to answer similar questions coming through email from separate members.
I've also noticed they are updating the official info page with new bits of info

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom