Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

30th NO DROPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told that Nominet had a system outage where no regges could be made - two years ago. Think this is the cause.

It was a leap year I was around when it happend :)

I've been told that Nominet had a system outage where no regges could be made - two years ago. Think this is the cause.

That would only apply to domains first registered 2010, not any of the renewals from previous years. It seems that Nominet have added one day onto expiry from 28th to 29th for some reason for all years.

I called nominet and was told nothing wrong with there system and drops are as usual?

As great as Nominet support usually is, that seems to be the standard response from the tagholder team until 20 people ring in with the same issue!!

Grant

The problem is not with their drop system, that is probably working OK and will drop all domains with an expiry date of 28/2/2012. The "problem" is that there are no domains with an expiry date of 28/2/2012.

eg....

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 28-Feb-2004
Expiry date: 29-Feb-2012

For some reason a while ago they were all set to 29th, so there is nothing as far as I can see that will drop today.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom