Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

3rd Director leaves Nominet

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by Whois-Search, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whois-Search

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

Following the resignation of Angus Hanton, Jim Davies has now become the 3rd director (Jay was IT Director not a non-executive) to leave Nominet:

Statement from the Chairman of Nominet regarding the resignation of Jim Davies as a Non-Executive Director of Nominet.

Some of you may have read Jim's resignation letter on nom-steer....

I'm not a High Court judge so I don't know who's right and who's wrong - I guess we shall never know.

However as with everything in life there's no 'smoke without fire' and it's enough to make anyone want to emigrate down under!

Jay, Angus, Jim you three are the most professional people I have ever had the honour to meet - hopefully/eventually I hope you find joy in what ever you decide to do next. And it looks like you already have: Trees, New Zealand, Australia.

2. DomainAngel

DomainAngel Well-Known Member

is this still available to read?

Copy anywhere?

3. Whois-Search

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

4. retired_member12

retired_member12 Retired Member

Yes, for us non-members, it is frustrating to see it has not been published on Nominet's site. Not so open as one would have thought, unlike previous documents!

If a copy is available via PM, please could someone oblige, cheers!

5. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Who gives him the right to say "False Allegations" surely that should be upto an independent source to find that out. The person who the allegations are against is in no way independent.

I smell cover up unless these allegations (true or false) are answered.

6. GreyWing

What happens if someone uploads the email on here? is it against noms rules?? Site Rules??

7. rob

rob Founding Member

I think I can recall someone 'high up' from Nominet referring to nom-steer as 'public domain' however I would double check that - does anyone have an archive they can search?

Cheers,
    Rob.

8. rob

rob Founding Member

Further, it stuck me that:

Mr Davies has made a number of false allegations in his resignation letter, together with details of sensitive and confidential board and HR matters.

Reads as there are 'false allegations' , and then there are 'sensitive and confidential board and HR matters'. The latter being seperate from the false elements.

If that is the case then there are still some outstanding questions in my mind.

I look forward though to the (I assume) prompt Nominet reply which will 'respond and provide as much clarity as we can to our members' which really cannot come too soon.

Cheers,
    Rob.

9. rob

rob Founding Member

Tue 09/12/2008 18:08 in reply by a question from Simon Bezant to Lesley Cowley RE Nominet & MP's etc she replied:

I am only replying here because ? having made the enquiry in public (even though, as a PAB member you could have used the PAB lists) ? Nominet members are probably interested in the responses to your questions.

Not quite her saying it is public domain as I thought, but did refer to posting to nom-steer as basically asking a question 'in public' .

Make of that what you will , I am not a lawyer, nor want to be one :)

10. retired_member12

Just to repeat my request, if anyone with access to Nomsteer could PM (pasted) a copy of Jim's resignation letter, i'd be grateful.

DT

11. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Well-Known Member

Unless someoen clears up the "legal" issues, then I doubt anyone will post the letter.

Hazel has posted a few things over at NOTnominet.org.uk so it might be worth watching her site.

12. sneezycheese

sneezycheese Active Member

13. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

It all started when they got rid of deleting.co.uk, the woman at the top will be next to go.

What goes around comes around.

14. retired_member12

15. retired_member11

retired_member11 Retired Member

It would be a surprise to me if the top brass were NOT consorting with each other to pay themselves large sums of additional remuneration. Isn't this what every British 'captain of industry' and his or her loyal officer corp aim to do?

Is Bob Gilbert entitled to a pension paid for by Nominet when he retires?

16. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

£500,000 back dated bonus! they should be working for Northern Rock! Scandalous and leaves a sick feeling in my stomach. Thats my money they are awarding themselves

17. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

What happened to the "not for profit" bit?

Looks like some are profiting very nicely :rolleyes:

18. GreyWing

What are you guys on about, the person accused of this behaviour has said "false accusations" you lot should be ashamed.

Of course the term "false accusations" could also be correct if the real figure was £600,000 :D

19. retired_member11

retired_member11 Retired Member

Raiders of the lost art...of corporate 'governance'.

20. Jeewhizz

Jeewhizz Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.