Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

7 days since the AGM still no election results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It is now seven days since the AGM and still no election results published by Nominet:

Nominet said:
We will update you on the poll for member elected non-executive directors after we have received the report from the independent election scrutineer.
http://www.nominet.org.uk/news/latest/update-following-nominet-agm

Why have Popularis not signed off the NED election results?

Why is it ok for them to sign off Resolution 4 etc?

Meanwhile are the two incumbents still on the board?

27. Two of the Elected Directors (or one if there are less than three in office) shall retire by rotation each year at the Company’s annual general meeting and be subject to reappointment by election of the Members. The Elected Directors to retire by rotation shall be those who have been longest in office since their last election or re-election, but as between persons who were elected or re-elected on the same day those to retire shall (unless they otherwise agree among themselves) be determined by lot.
http://www.nominet.org.uk/whoweare/structure/memorandums-articles/articles-association

Looking back over the years has it been delayed this long before?

Could the delay be due to the Popularis, there was a woman from that company at the AGM, she said she would look in to complaints made by Julian about the election canvassing not being fair, due to Nominet phoning people and suggesting who to vote for.

Last edited:
Please someone find a legal way to trip these Directors up... there must be one!

Did anyone record the AGM webcast? If so, could it be uploaded to YouTube please?

Nominet told me it would be on their site asap, it was a guy called Phil who told me that.

After direct uk round table, Lesley Cowley told me that recommendations are usual practice by corporates because some people just don’t know what to do and looking guidance from the board.

I believe most of corporates would take something like this trough compliance checks. Probably Nominetdid as well. But just considering what Nominet has done previously, probably worth saying that their compliance checks are not great.

My view would be that recommendation should not been made by Nominet.

If we get the outcome we don’t like (i am sure we will be OK), I wonder if we could challenge Nominet for re-voting?

I have seen similar recommendation statements in building society AGM bumpf, so it's not just a corporate thing.

As far as I recall, Nominet have always recommended re-electing the retirees in the AGM bumpf. Repeating this in a phone call may be new, but it is convention to include this in election communications so I actually don't see a reason to challenge it after the event. I didn't take the call myself.

I've seen worse practices - I've seen organisations where it is usual practice for people not to challenge for a position if the incumbent wants to keep it. And indeed organisations where the incumbent is stuck with it if no-one wants to challenge for it.

I would absolutely prefer that the re-election recommendation was not the convention going forward. I see the purpose of elections as an opportunity for members to change or endorse candidates, and the "usual practice" sits ill with me. If you don't have an opinion, you should abstain, not follow guidance.

Fixing Nominet is not high on my priorities.

just in and Noms 2 candidates re elected.

Unlucky to Lucien and Graeme but well done on the votes.

Both got more votes than Nora on stage 1!

Last edited:
What is all this second stage voting about why did Lucien or Graeme not get a seat

Only 522 'papers' / valid votes made?

Popularis says there are : 2772 members

Sorry am I missing something?

It's because people had to express more than one preference. Makes the math super-complicated, but I'm pretty sure it's got to be right as Popularis are too big an organisation to mess about with something this trivial (from their perspective, I mean).

EXAMPLE: If everyone who ranked Lucien first put Graeme second and vice-versa, but nobody who voted for Dickie or Nora voted for L/G at all but only for N/D, that's one way L/G would fail to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom